By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why does Pixars new Movie Brave look so..meh?

For some reason, it reminds me of How to Train a Dragon (which I didn't really want to see and now I've purchased on DVD, Blu Ray, and finally 3D Blu Ray!). I'm not hyped to see it at all but I have faith in Pixar. I didn't want to see Wall-E or Up, either and both of those movie were great.

Dreamworks is kicking ass, though. It used to be that Disney Pixar were in a class all by themselves but movies like Kung Fun Panda 1 and 2, Dragons, and Shrek 2 are funny AND engaging. I think Madagascar 3 is going to be shit, though.

Around the Network

Toy Story 2 is much better than Toy Story 3. There I said it. And Cars 2 was awful so I stopped caring about Pixar until Monster's University comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

foodfather said:
Pixar movies as of late have been very meh anyways. Dreamworks have produced far better movies.

This... Pixar is overhyped IMO. I mean both up and Wall-e are cute movies, but they do not deserve the massive hype/fanbase they have at the moment. Same with TS and Cars... they are good animation movies, with quality voicework and if you are lucky, a decent stroy behind them. Now looking at some eastern animation movies... thats a whole new level of storytelling

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

From what i've witnessed, the issue seems to be that they're playing the "female protagonist" thing too straight. About her trying to change her fate and break out of the bonds placed upon the female role as a goal in and of itself, which lacks dynamism.

Though as Boutros said, there could be surprises in store.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

hunter_alien said:
foodfather said:
Pixar movies as of late have been very meh anyways. Dreamworks have produced far better movies.

This... Pixar is overhyped IMO. I mean both up and Wall-e are cute movies, but they do not deserve the massive hype/fanbase they have at the moment. Same with TS and Cars... they are good animation movies, with quality voicework and if you are lucky, a decent stroy behind them. Now looking at some eastern animation movies... thats a whole new level of storytelling

Pwned.

Around the Network

Cars 2 sucked.
I thought UP looked pretty bad too, but turned out to be really good.

I don't have to see "brave", my boys are older now - no more G rated movies!

The trailer for Brave is getting better.
Brave still looks far better than Madagascar and Ice Age.

d21lewis said:
hunter_alien said:
foodfather said:

Pwned.

Let's be fair. If something is based on Watchemn, it will probably be pretty not bad.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:
hunter_alien said:
foodfather said:

Pwned.

Let's be fair. If something is based on Watchemn, it will probably be pretty not bad.

Pwned.

d21lewis said:
vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:
hunter_alien said:
foodfather said:

Pwned.

Pwned.

This is why I look up to you so much Zap Brannigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.