By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why does Pixars new Movie Brave look so..meh?

I think it looks good. :/

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
Cars 2 sucked.
I thought UP looked pretty bad too, but turned out to be really good.

I don't have to see "brave", my boys are older now - no more G rated movies!

Bad idea. I'll continue to see quality toons at theaters forever. I have yet to be disappointed by Pixar and overall Disney. There's no reason adults can't have a date night and see a good toon.

Cars 2 has been the worst movie they've ever done and that is still miles better than many others. Dreamworks has done really well too with many of their movies.

I will go see Brave with my family in 3D.

bobgamez said:

The animation/artwork seems really underwhelming for a Pixar movie, the Story seems really generic,  and the whole scotish theme just seem likes it's not really clicking. Man I hope this film ends up being good, because so far this looks like a cheap dreamworks cash in.

That's probably because Disney bought them out.  Before, Pixar was independent using Disney as a publisher.  When Pixar made known that they were going to start publishing their own movies starting with Toy Story 3, Disney got scared and offered them a wad load of cash.  Thus, Cars 2 and Brave were born. 

d21lewis said:
vlad321 said:

Let's be fair. If something is based on Watchemn, it will probably be pretty not bad.

Pwned.

I said pretty not bad. The movie was pretty not bad.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

d21lewis said:
vlad321 said:

Let's be fair. If something is based on Watchemn, it will probably be pretty not bad.

Pwned.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

And to answer the OP: I suspect it's because you're dead inside. But I'm not a doctor, so don't be too alarmed just yet.

Around the Network

I watch a LOT of animated movies and of all Pixar movies, Cars 2 has been the only one that's disappointed me. Up, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and wall-e even belong in my movie top 10.. well make that top 20.
I remember I wasn't particularly impressed with the 4 movies mentioned above when I watched their trailers; so I have faith Brave is better than the trailer suggests.

The only Dreamworks movies I really love are How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda (especially the first one), the others are imo simply not up to par when compared to Pixar's fine efforts Look at Monster vs Aliens, Madagascar, Sinbad; they're not terrible by any means but I think they lack emotion, a soul if you will.
How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda on the other hand...

I really like this trailer (which actually isn't a trailer but 2 and a half minutes from the movie):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4EZULqhP2E&feature=relmfu

Boutros said:

Yeah as homer said Toy Story 3 is probably the best movie they ever made. They carefully waited to make it so that most kids who watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were at the same point in life as Andy (going to uni). I never related so much to a character and a story.

I haven't seen Cars 2 but I'm pretty sure it's not that bad. Just maybe not on par with their previous work.

Cars 2 was better than the first. The first was a bore.

What I don't understand is why all the characters in EVERY animated movie look the same. As in, the same style. I remember the old days of the Disney cartoons, where every new movie had a different style and look to it. Just look at The Lion King, Mulan, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh, Hercules, 101 Dalmatians... I could go on, but you get my point... All very different in style. Nowadays every single movie has the same generic characters and look to it, not just in Pixar movies, but in animated movies in general. You could take almost any random character from any animated movie, stick them in another random animated movie, and they wouldn't look out of place 99% of the time.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
What I don't understand is why all the characters in EVERY animated movie look the same. As in, the same style. I remember the old days of the Disney cartoons, where every new movie had a different style and look to it. Just look at The Lion King, Mulan, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh, Hercules, 101 Dalmatians... I could go on, but you get my point... All very different in style. Nowadays every single movie has the same generic characters and look to it, not just in Pixar movies, but in animated movies in general. You could take almost any random character from any animated movie, stick them in another random animated movie, and they wouldn't look out of place 99% of the time.

Those movies you listed are spreaded on over 50 years though.

It's normal for movies to look similar in a short time period because they all draw inspiration from one another and they all use the same kind of technology.