By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why does Pixars new Movie Brave look so..meh?

The animation/artwork seems really underwhelming for a Pixar movie, the Story seems really generic,  and the whole scotish theme just seem likes it's not really clicking. Man I hope this film ends up being good, because so far this looks like a cheap dreamworks cash in.

Around the Network

I hope it's good too. I never really thought it looked bad, I just haven't really seen or heard much about it. I really like Kelly Macdonald, she's amazing on Boardwalk Empire (to be fair, everyone is amazing on Boardwalk Empire)

It's Pixar's first movie with a female lead. I would give them a chance even after Cars 2(even I didn't see it because of how bad it looked.)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Pixar movies as of late have been very meh anyways. Dreamworks have produced far better movies.

I agree with you but Pixar is known to make their trailers rather misleading to keep most secrets about the story and I feel like this one is one of them.

Around the Network

@Spurgeonryan
Toy Story 3 was one of the greatest movies of all time. Don't hate.
And I agree with Turtuls. Its the female lead. Movies with female leads are so much more boring. Look at Hunger Games and Twilight. Hunger games especially.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

spurgeonryan said:
Toy Story 3= The Great Escape and Countless movies that copied the great escape.
Cars2 = The whole movie was unoriginal, this and Mirror, Mirror were the only movies I left early in other than one that I went to see with my parents.
Within a few years I think they lost their mojo. Hopefully this is different.

Yeah as homer said Toy Story 3 is probably the best movie they ever made. They carefully waited to make it so that most kids who watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were at the same point in life as Andy (going to uni). I never related so much to a character and a story.

I haven't seen Cars 2 but I'm pretty sure it's not that bad. Just maybe not on par with their previous work.

Hating on Toy Story 3? Contrary to popular belief there is such a thing as objectively bad taste.

I haven't heard anything about the movie but then again, I haven't watched a pixar/disney/dreamworks movie in theaters in years. I get the feeling Toy Story 3 was just hyped up from nostalgia.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

After watching Tintin, every animated movie is just meh.

Tintin is freaking awesome.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...