By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like playing games?

When I ask if you like playing games, I mean video games.  Well do you? 

I see plenty of people playing Mafia, say something about the person above you, and elimination games..  But I don't see many actually talking about video games anymore.  Here's your chance.  I'll go first:

Hi, my name is amp316 and I absolutely adore video games.  Being that I am one of the elder members here ( I am 39), I remember when arcades were all the rage, when saying all the rage was cool, and when having an Atari made you the coolest kid on the block. 

Systems I have had:

Atari, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, the Wii, and the 3DS. 

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy games of most every genre.  Platformers, racing games, FPS, third person shooters, and RPGS all have had their stand out titles.  From Donkey Kong to Mario Galaxy.  Pole Position to Mario Kart.  Doom to GoldenEye.  Ogre Battle to Xenoblade.  I love games from the past and in the present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

I figured that I would keep it simple and hope to generate some good, solid gaming discussion with this thread.  Remember the VG in VGChartz stands for video games. 

So who are you and make kind of games do you play?  I obviously am playing a bored game by writing this thread.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

On VGC we play sales, not games.

If we have no sales to play then we resort to Mafia, elimination or trolling.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Hi, my name is IIIIITHE1IIIII and I absolutely adore video games.  Being that I am one of the younger members here ( I am 18), I don't remember when arcades were all the rage, when saying all the rage was cool, and when having an Atari made you the coolest kid on the block. 

Systems I have had:

NES, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, GBP, GBC, GBASP, DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy games of most every genre.  Platformers, racing games, FPS, third person shooters, and RPGS all have had their stand out titles.  From Banjo-Kazooie to Mario Galaxy.  Sports racing to Mario Kart.  Halo to GoldenEye.  Skyrim to Zelda. I love games from the past and in the present.  You could say that I'm a casual hardcore gamer... and very lazy.

Hi, my name is Millenium and I absolutely adore video games. Being that I'm one of the younger members here (I am 21) I do remember some of the "old classics" but didn't really start full time gaming until the N64.

Systems I have had:

SNES, PS, GBA(C), N64, PS2, GC, Xbox, X360, PS3, Wii.

I am a huge Xbox fan, but can appreciate quality games made by everyone, some of my favourite games include: Halo, God of War, Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Legend of Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Command and Conquer and more.

I appreciate games in all genres, and you could say I'm a gaming junkie.

Millenium said:
Hi, my name is Millenium and I absolutely adore video games. Being that I'm one of the younger members here (I am 21) I do remember some of the "old classics" but didn't really start full time gaming until the N64.

Systems I have had:

I am a huge Xbox fan, but can appreciate quality games made by everyone, some of my favourite games include: Halo, God of War, Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Legend of Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Command and Conquer and more.

Which is you favorite Splinter Cell game?  I always thought that series was challenging and really cool.  I haven't played the latest one.  How is it?

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I'm GhettoGlamour and I love playing video games. I'm 25 and I started with some Atari console when I was 7. Other consoles I've owned were the SNES, PS, PS2, PSP and I own right now a PS3, Wii and PSVita. I've also played on PC when I had a gaming capable one, which is the case right now.

As you can see from my gaming history, I like Sony consoles a little more than the others ones, but I can enjoy games from any company, of course.

Games that blew me away and marked me as a gamer were such as Yoshi's Island, Final Fantasy VII, GTA III and Uncharted 2, to name one from each generation.

At the moment I play mostly on the PS3 and almost every genre.
My favorite games pro genre are:
Infamous 2, Saints Row 3 (sandbox)
Uncharted 2 & 3, God of War 3 (action adventure)
Fifa 12 and Top Spin 4 (sports)
Motorstorm Apocalypse, Gran Turismo 5, Modnation Racers (racer)
Mass Effect 2 & 3, Skyrim (RPG)
Bioshock and Deus Ex HR (FPS)
Portal 2 (Puzzle)
Heavy Rain (adventure)

I also want to notice that I don't like shooter MP's, and I mainly buy games because of their SP. The only MP's I've played a lot are Fifa, Motorstorm, Modnation Racers and not much more.

Edit: I forgot to mention one of my favorite genres, which is Jump&Run. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong CR and Rayman Origins are the best imo.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

amp316 said:
Millenium said:

Systems I have had:

Which is you favorite Splinter Cell game?  I always thought that series was challenging and really cool.  I haven't played the latest one.  How is it?

I'd have to say it's a tie between Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory.

I'm not sure about the last one, I haven't actually gotten around to playing it a lot, let alone finishing it. From what I've played of it though, it was still fun, but just a little bit easier (Although still not run and gun). ;)

Millenium said:
amp316 said:
Millenium said:

Systems I have had:

I'd have to say it's a tie between Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory.

I'm not sure about the last one, I haven't actually gotten around to playing it a lot, let alone finishing it. From what I've played of it though, it was still fun, but just a little bit easier (Although still not run and gun). ;)

Those are the two that I like as well.  While it was still fun, I didn't care for Double Agent nearly as much.

Rol, I didn't mean to liken Mafia to spam threads or trolling. I was just saying that it seems like people are playing all kinds of games that aren't video games. It was a thing called sarcasm, Mr. Serious.

About Splinter Cell Conviction:

I haven't played the first ones more than a couple of hours, because they were too difficult to me. I'm not a patient gamer and I don't really like trial & error situations.

Splinter Cell Conviction though appeals to a much broader audience than its predecessors. It's still a stealth game, but it felt a lot easier than before, because you have so many tools or "senses" to make you feel superior to your enemies. It's also still a bit trial & error but a mistake doesn't mean you're dead, you can still hide or try to kill the enemies like in a normal TPS.
It still felt like every room is like a puzzle where you have to figure out which is the right way to proceed in order to survive, but much more forgiving and less frustrating than before.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey