By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like playing games?

Jay520 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Jay520 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Jay520 said:

Indeed. That's why I'm thinking of getting into PC gaming when I get some dough.

if you had a decent PC now,what would you get into,do you reckon,dream away

Hmm... I know there's a lot of games. I'd start off with Counterstrike (i played a little of it before & loved it). Maybe get Civilization, Team Fortress, Valve games, Skyrim, etc. I'd have to check & see what the best games are though cause I'm not really educated on the PC's library.

haven't you got skyrim on PS3 or is it too bad for you

i've only had a PC recently because i never have the dosh either but its great for old & new point and clicks,fantasy strategy type stuff,mine is probably a 2008 PC but plays enough for me,its great to have the option

No, I've never played Skyrim. I plan to wait for the inevitable GoTY edition and buy it on the Xbox 360.

A lot of my favorite console franchise have/are droping down to casual crap, so I'm going to upgrade to a PC where I hear they keep it hardcore. :)

"hardcore" as in you just get everything up and running and your PC breaks down for the umpteenth time,now thats hardcore arrgh!

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

what about lucius,it looked like a chiller type to me but maybe its a point and click,i get my PC games from your posts mainly

Ah, okay. This one: http://lucius.shivergames.com/?page=trailer03 . I listed Lucius as one of my 5 currently most wanted games because it seems to be pretty unique (as a game, as movie it wouldn't be unique at all...) with plot and visual ideas shamelessly stolen from 2 of the only 3 modern - read: not black & white, post-1950s - horror movies I like: The Omen and The Shining. (The 3rd modern horror movie I like is Alien).

This means the main character Lucius doesn't fear others and the gameplay is not meant to horrify the main character/gamer in front of the screen like in most other horror games (these are the kind of horror games I dislike). Instead you play as the devil's son who horrifies other people and kills them with arranged incidents mixed with some good old mind control, exactly like in The Omen. It will be some kind of reverse horror game: You are the horror. Sounds entertaining.

Hi, I have no name, just a round number, and I generally don't like many of the newer games that come out. But I still play older titles time and again. I was born a decade too late, it seems. I split my gaming time between Nintendo consoles and the PC.

okr said:
zuvuyeay said:

what about lucius,it looked like a chiller type to me but maybe its a point and click,i get my PC games from your posts mainly

Ah, okay. This one: http://lucius.shivergames.com/?page=trailer03 . I listed Lucius as one of my 5 currently most wanted games because it seems to be pretty unique (as a game, as movie it wouldn't be unique at all...) with plot and visual ideas shamelessly stolen from 2 of the only 3 modern - read: not black & white, post-1950s - horror movies I like: The Omen and The Shining. (The 3rd modern horror movie I like is Alien).

This means the main character Lucius doesn't fear others and the gameplay is not meant to horrify the main character/gamer in front of the screen like in most other horror games (these are the kind of horror games I dislike). Instead you play as the devil's son who horrifies other people and kills them with arranged incidents mixed with some good old mind control, exactly like in The Omen. It will be some kind of reverse horror game: You are the horror. Sounds entertaining.

yes it looked interesting to me too,i just love pretty,atmospheric PC games thats why i like point & clicks,right so you don't like games like resi evil then

omen,shining,alien it doesn't get much better than that,the shining is one of my favourite films i think,you really don't like any other horror films what about the exorcist,i'd put that with the other 3,poltergiest,i love the chiller type film they are all classics i'm sure there are a few more i cannot think of right now,

Above & Beyond

I hate video games

Around the Network

Hi. I'm Wiibox3. I love video games, but don't have as much time to play as I would like.

I own, but not all of these are at my house: Atari, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Light Boy, N64, PS1, Game Cube, PS2, DS Lite, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3.

3rd person adventures and RPGs come first for me. Also I will get almost any survival horror game to play with my friends. I will play FPSs, but usually only rent them, since I am not much of one for online deathmatch. (With my limited time to play, I prefer to play more games, Instead of spending all of my time on one.)

Being a more casual player, I prefer games that seamlessly bring you back into the game with a hidden checkpoint system, like Prince of Persia (2008). I still don't get why so many people hated on that game, ruining my chance to play a sequel.

I am PSwii60! I absolutely enjoy video games!

I own most of the systems that came into existence. Years ago, I'd have said I live and breathe video gaming but time is no longer in abundance. With that in mind, I have a stack of games of any genre including shovelwares.

I also enjoy softcore trolling, and recreational spamming on a number of sites once, but is now exclusively to VGC.

I am also the most awesome person you will never truly know.

Hi, my name is :VN: and video games are a passion and hobby for me. I too remember spending many hours at the arcades playing from brawlers to shooters to fighting games.

Systems I have:

Game Gear, Game Boy, Megadrive, Saturn, Playstation, PS2, PSP and PS3

I am a huge Sony fan (with the Playstation brand, Sony kept my interest in console gaming, and video games in general), but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy diferent kinds of gaming experiences, from Survival Horror,FPS, arcade racing games and action to more experimental titles, but has a fan of the macabre, sci-fi and war themes in other mediums, such as literature, I prefer more somber, mature, dramatic or plainly visceral and gory games. I love games from the past and present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

:VN: said:

Hi, my name is :VN: and video games are a passion and hobby for me. I too remember spending many hours at the arcades playing from brawlers to shooters to fighting games.

Systems I have:

Game Gear, Game Boy, Megadrive, Saturn, Playstation, PS2, PSP and PS3

I am a huge Sony fan (with the Playstation brand, Sony kept my interest in console gaming, and video games in general), but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy diferent kinds of gaming experiences, from Survival Horror,FPS, arcade racing games and action to more experimental titles, but has a fan of the macabre, sci-fi and war themes in other mediums, such as literature, I prefer more somber, mature, dramatic or plainly visceral and gory games. I love games from the past and present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

*Bro fist* You should post more. Not enough people with these tastes talk about these games. Let good taste be known!

PSwii60 said:

I am PSwii60! I absolutely enjoy video games!

I own most of the systems that came into existence. Years ago, I'd have said I live and breathe video gaming but time is no longer in abundance. With that in mind, I have a stack of games of any genre including shovelwares.

I also enjoy softcore trolling, and recreational spamming on a number of sites once, but is now exclusively to VGC.

I am also the most awesome person you will never truly know.

I swear you & Wiibox3 are the same person.