By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like playing games?

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
Firstly: Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread and talked about the types of games you enjoy.

Secondly: I have to say that I am most disappointed that a thread that I have written asking if anyone likes playing video games on a gaming site died at approximately 60 posts and would have to say that this pretty much underlines my frustration with the site. This thread was created out of frustration and the lack of interest in it hasn't helped to extinguish those flames of discontent.

Thirdly: I have been trying to complete as many quests as I can in Xenoblade Chronicles and this gives the game much more play time and depth. Completing some of them reminds me of Majora's Mask (this is a huge compliment).

I find such general threads extremely boring, because there's no focus on any particular subject.

If you want some actual discussion, you should start a game or series specific thread. The Xenoblade thread is still active and has garnered over 700 replies already, so if you want to talk about that game, you can just move over there. Of course, not every specific game thread will be that popular, but if you want to talk about games, then you need to create a thread about games. For example, even if it seems to be unoriginal to make a Donkey Kong Country thread and discuss those four games, why not?

While I can agree with your comments about how I could post in the Xenoblade thread and accept it, I can't accept that I asked an intentionally general and simple question like "Do you like playing games?" on a video game site and the responses have been minimal.  Every single member should have posted in this thread being that this is a site for gamers.   Everyone that has seen this thread and hasn't posted need their gamer cards taken from them.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Since I don't want my gamer licence voided. I'll make a proper reply to the thread now.

Hi, I'm TruckOSaurus and I love video games.

I appreciate most types of games (I hate sim racers and yearly sports games). I tend to prefer platformers, RPGs and fighters. I'm open to games form all companies but Nintendo and Blizzard games stand tall above all others in my mind.

My console history goes like this:

NES -> SNES -> N64 -> PS -> PS2 -> GC -> Wii -> PS3 -> Xbox 360

Oh and I consider handhelds to be lower class gaming devices and any game released on them shouldn't be considered as part of the official series they belong to (so Uncharted: Golden Abyss not a real UC, Resident Evil: Revelations is not a real RE, etc...)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

NES -> SNES -> N64 -> PS -> PS2 -> GC -> Wii -> PS3 -> Xbox 360

Oh and I consider handhelds to be lower class gaming devices and any game released on them shouldn't be considered as part of the official series they belong to (so Uncharted: Golden Abyss not a real UC, Resident Evil: Revelations is not a real RE, etc...)

Damn your almost my console history twin. I also agree that most portable games are watered down versions of console game. I want pokemon on a console. Games I did play on psp when I borrowed one like god of war: prequal were fun, but watered down. I certainly agree premeire gaming is on pc or console.

chocoloco said:
:VN: said:

Hi, my name is :VN: and video games are a passion and hobby for me. I too remember spending many hours at the arcades playing from brawlers to shooters to fighting games.

Systems I have:

Game Gear, Game Boy, Megadrive, Saturn, Playstation, PS2, PSP and PS3

I am a huge Sony fan (with the Playstation brand, Sony kept my interest in console gaming, and video games in general), but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy diferent kinds of gaming experiences, from Survival Horror,FPS, arcade racing games and action to more experimental titles, but has a fan of the macabre, sci-fi and war themes in other mediums, such as literature, I prefer more somber, mature, dramatic or plainly visceral and gory games. I love games from the past and present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

*Bro fist* You should post more. Not enough people with these tastes talk about these games. Let good taste be known!

Thank you for your compliment chocoloco. Unfortunately my time constritions and other obligations don´t allow me that much spare time to be in the vhchartz forums. But this topic catched my attention and I decided to stop by and share my passion for gaming with the community. Cheers

Mr Khan, 22, I remember things like the Pokemon craze of my elementary years.

Owned: N64, GBC, GBA, GC, NDS, Wii, 3DS

Loves Nintendo primarily, Sega secondarily, though the Sega thing has been fading throughout the course of this generation and i have been diversifying somewhat. Like Platformers the most, most genres about equally the same. Favorite game of all time is Metroid Prime, with Sonic Adventure 2 a close second.

Games fun play yes

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
Jay520 said:

I swear you & Wiibox3 are the same person.

You shouldn't swear, it doesn't become you.

We are not entirely dissimilar, we're not completely different. We are by nature, video gamer(s) which by coincidence posts on threads we both do not necessarily dislike. In life, a lie is but another degree of truths