By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like playing games?

Troll_Whisperer said:
SnakeDrake said:
Hi, im SnakeDrake and I am a video game. I am one of the youngest gamer here ( 18 years old). I started gaming at the age of 4 started on the first playstation .

The systems I had

PSX, PS2, PSP, PS3

I am a huge playstation fan about I also enjoy games made by anyone. Some of my favourite games had been the Tekken series, the Resident Evil ( Biohazard) series, the God of War series, the Uncharted series, Bioshock, the Valkyria Chronicles, the infamous series the Final Fantasy series and a lot of japanese games I cant remember the name.

I dont care what genre I play as long as its fun and thats the bottom line cause I said so.

What system are you on? Can I play you?

I played video games so long that I started to become one and if you must play me I'm on the orbis, but I must warn you playing me for an extensive period of time will make your brain explode.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Hi, I am sensebringer and I am 25 years old. I have been playing videogames for 17 years.

The consoles I have/had are:

NES, Genesis, GB, GBA, PS, Gamecube, PS2, DS, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and 3DS.

I have done most of gaming time in Sony consoles, but I consider myself an all around gamer. in 2008 I got a Nintendo DS and my gaming life changed. I fell in love with the little machine and that made me a Nintendo believer. Now I do most of my gaming time on portables. My favorite home console of all time is the Playstation and my favorite handheld ever is the DS.

My favorite games are:

God of War series, Gears of War trilogy, 2D Mario games, Mario Kart, Metroid games, Zelda Games, 2D Castlevania games and the Phoenix Wright games.

I think gamers should support each other no matter what console or type of games they prefer and I despise blind fanboys and trolls with all my heart.

Hello, I'm Stark. I've been playing games since I was just a few years old. I have every Nintendo home and portable console since the SNES, except the Gameboy Pocket and the DS; and I also have all Playstation consoles.

Gaming is my favorite hobby, and I will never give it up. I've switched between gens from Sony to Nintendo. I played my PS1 more than my N64, my Gamecube more than my PS2, and the PS3 has been my dominant console this gen; SNES by default. I enjoy all kinds of games, including their platform. A quality game is a quality game. Gaming is gaming, regardless of platform.

Most of my favorite games lie on past generations. My most favorite would be the Donkey Kong Country games, Metal Gears, and classic PS1 and Gamecube Resident Evils.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Hi, I'm Slimebeast and I'm a hardcore gamer. Age 35. Games are my life.

I started my gaming career with the coin-op Arcades in the 80's and my first home device was the Commodore 64. In 1995 I bought my first PC and I always keep track of the PC hardware trends and tech. My first console was the N64 but that was only for Zelda. In the last couple of years I've mostly played on consoles (PS3) because they offer so much without any hassle and frustrations.

I like most genres, such as action, RPG, shooters and strategy. I focus on single player but I also love multiplayer. I adore The Elder Scrolls but I also adore many, many other game series.

I am extremely bothered by the trend in gaming in the last decade of trying to be as Hollywood-like, directed, cinematic, accessible and attractive to the broad masses as possible. It worries me that I find fewer and fewer games that aim to give meaningful gameplay, freedom, exploration, the element of surprise, complexity and challenge. It also frustrates me that not enough fellow gamers share my view.
(despite all of this, this console generation is still the best. I want it to be as long as possible, but I am also very excited about the next console gen)

I always wish I had more time and sometimes more energy to play all these great games that keep coming out. I want to experience most games even if they don't satisfy me on the deeper, complete level I described above. I always have a big backlog of unfinished games.

I respect people with high Gamerscore/Trophies and who have completed many games, and people who like to analyze and discuss games.

Good day old chap, my name is ROFLMAO and I love gaming. I'm 16, but grew up in a family of gamers and have so been fairly privileged in that way from a young age.

Systems I have had:
NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Master System, Dreamcast, PS2.

I'd probably consider myself a Nintendo Fanboy, though there are a few non-Nintendo series that I really like. I play practically every genre, though Platformers, Party (If made by Nintendo, minus MP8), Tycoon and RPG games are generally my favourites. My favourite series are a hard choice to make, but they would be Pikmin, Mario, Chibi-Robo, Crazy Taxi, Donkey Kong, Shenmue, Mario Party and Pokemon, with Pikmin and Pokemon probably being the top picks out of them. My first system was a NES as a hand-me-down with ExciteBike, Super Mario Bros./2/3, Donkey Kong and Ice Climber and I've owned every other Nintendo system, as well as SEGA's Master System and Dreamcast, of which the Dreamcast enthralled me as much as the GC did in it's early days. I've also owned a PS2, which was mostly just a DVD player. Now that I buy my own consoles, (Have since the DS) I only buy Nintendo.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
PSwii60 said:

I am PSwii60! I absolutely enjoy video games!

I own most of the systems that came into existence. Years ago, I'd have said I live and breathe video gaming but time is no longer in abundance. With that in mind, I have a stack of games of any genre including shovelwares.

I also enjoy softcore trolling, and recreational spamming on a number of sites once, but is now exclusively to VGC.

I am also the most awesome person you will never truly know.

I swear you & Wiibox3 are the same person.

You shouldn't swear, it doesn't become you.

Awaits post by PSwii60...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Firstly: Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread and talked about the types of games you enjoy.

Secondly: I have to say that I am most disappointed that a thread that I have written asking if anyone likes playing video games on a gaming site died at approximately 60 posts and would have to say that this pretty much underlines my frustration with the site. This thread was created out of frustration and the lack of interest in it hasn't helped to extinguish those flames of discontent.

Thirdly: I have been trying to complete as many quests as I can in Xenoblade Chronicles and this gives the game much more play time and depth. Completing some of them reminds me of Majora's Mask (this is a huge compliment).

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

When I ask if you like playing games, I mean video games.  Well do you? 

I see plenty of people playing Mafia, say something about the person above you, and elimination games..  But I don't see many actually talking about video games anymore.  Here's your chance.  I'll go first:

Hi, my name is amp316 and I absolutely adore video games.  Being that I am one of the elder members here ( I am 39), I remember when arcades were all the rage, when saying all the rage was cool, and when having an Atari made you the coolest kid on the block. 

Systems I have had:

Atari, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, the Wii, and the 3DS. 

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy games of most every genre.  Platformers, racing games, FPS, third person shooters, and RPGS all have had their stand out titles.  From Donkey Kong to Mario Galaxy.  Pole Position to Mario Kart.  Doom to GoldenEye.  Ogre Battle to Xenoblade.  I love games from the past and in the present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

I figured that I would keep it simple and hope to generate some good, solid gaming discussion with this thread.  Remember the VG in VGChartz stands for video games. 

So who are you and make kind of games do you play?  I obviously am playing a bored game by writing this thread.

So your name is actually amp316?

/stealth tag

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

When I ask if you like playing games, I mean video games.  Well do you? 

I see plenty of people playing Mafia, say something about the person above you, and elimination games..  But I don't see many actually talking about video games anymore.  Here's your chance.  I'll go first:

Hi, my name is amp316 and I absolutely adore video games.  Being that I am one of the elder members here ( I am 39), I remember when arcades were all the rage, when saying all the rage was cool, and when having an Atari made you the coolest kid on the block. 

Systems I have had:

Atari, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, the Wii, and the 3DS. 

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but can appreciate quality games made by anyone.  I also enjoy games of most every genre.  Platformers, racing games, FPS, third person shooters, and RPGS all have had their stand out titles.  From Donkey Kong to Mario Galaxy.  Pole Position to Mario Kart.  Doom to GoldenEye.  Ogre Battle to Xenoblade.  I love games from the past and in the present.  You could say that I'm a gaming junkie.

I figured that I would keep it simple and hope to generate some good, solid gaming discussion with this thread.  Remember the VG in VGChartz stands for video games. 

So who are you and make kind of games do you play?  I obviously am playing a bored game by writing this thread.

So your name is actually amp316?

/stealth tag

Yes.  I am actually a robot without any emotions, but I have been programmed to fake that I have feelings very well.