By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

Xxain said:
-rant-

Many people agree with you, I do. Quality has left the place long ago. However the "oficial" threads are actually acceptable, there was a time were all of the 10 hottest thread were Off-topic, at least with the Oficial ones they talk about video games.

I consider incredibly rude to say that "if you don't like it, leave it then". But, spammers have existed long ago you will indeed have to either accept the sad situation, or find an alternative. Things ain't changing.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Why do you have to complain about it? Do you not like having fun? (Talking about the Piplup Fad.) Some of these pictures were extremely funny. You are right, this is a Complaint thread, nothing much more.

(Though I do agree with you on those Copy-Cat Threads recently. The first few were funny then it just got stupid.)

Bold 1:Not really a fun fad, more of a "WTF is going?" over night kind of fad. Kudos for starting(?) the Piplup fad, if it means anything to you.

Bold 2: Same with the piplup fad.

OT: As some people have mentioned, I am slightly troubled by seeing the same 4 people spamming threads over and overs. I would like to see new faces with new personalities and ideas start threads, so that the trolling/circle jerking doesn't begin until like page 5 or so.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Sadly, the elimination, Mafia and doom threads are what's keeping VGC alive at this point. Without them, the place would turn into a ghost town since no one talks about games anymore. If you want to talk about games, you have to look elsewhere like neogaf, GameSpot, maybe even siliconera since they report news to your gaming taste.

My biggest problem with VGC is that they're too many sub-forums. Before, we had a Nintendo, Sony, Gaming, Microsoft, General Discussion, Sales and Website forums. Now we have: Movies, Sports, Politics, NSFW, Music, Sony, four forums dedicated to the website, General, MMO, Mobile, two sales forum, etc. Before, we had all the music/movie/politics/etc stuff under general discussion. Now, we have to look at each forum individually; it's too much clicking and takes longer to find what you're looking for. Same goes for website issues. The multiple sub-forums would work if the community was big and active like neogaf. I now just check the first two pages of the hot topics. 

again no names were said. I just questioned the purpose of having a official thread in a official thread

I don't like Xxain's idea for forums. We should have three

Website
Gaming
Off topic

Nice and easy, just like Gaf

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:

Website
Gaming
Off topic

I strongly disagree with this.

Honestly, It's always been like this. The only thing that's changed is because of this gen dying down and getting boring, most people don't feel like posting in any threads so it seems like it's worse but the amount of spamming annoying threads have stayed the same (also the fact that Seece left also made a pretty big gap in awesome threads being made).

For me personally I don't mind spamming at all..it's the annoying threads that get on my nerves. Also it's just kind of boring around here now for the most part. Next gen can't come soon enough.

Jay520 said:
TadpoleJackson said:

Website
Gaming
Off topic

Word. Thats to free... Imgine the thread bumping, XBOX news would not survive here.

Xxain said:
Jay520 said:
TadpoleJackson said:

Website
Gaming
Off topic

Word. Thats to free... Imgine the thread bumping, XBOX news would not survive here.

Yeah, the Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo forums acted sort of like homes for respective fans. It added a more community feel. One place where all sony, Ms., nintendo fans were. I don't think anyone actually uses the forums index today though (too much of a hassle imo). Most people just use Hot topics. I like the idea you posted a few posts up.

I think there should be 3 sections:

Sales Discussion
Gaming Discussion
Off-topic Discussion