By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

Xxain said:

Word. Thats to free... Imgine the thread bumping, XBOX news would not survive here.

The site isn't as active as you are making it out to be 

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Honestly, It's always been like this. The only thing that's changed is because of this gen dying down and getting boring, most people don't feel like posting in any threads so it seems like it's worse but the amount of spamming annoying threads have stayed the same (also the fact that Seece left also made a pretty big gap in awesome threads being made).

For me personally I don't mind spamming at all..it's the annoying threads that get on my nerves. Also it's just kind of boring around here now for the most part. Next gen can't come soon enough.

This, in part.

As a long time member of a LOST series forum, we routinely went through "Hiatus Anxiety".  Like clockwork, when the show reached a hiatus point, shortly there after, after show related discussion died, the silliness and anger increased.  If there wasn't some major drama on the site at least once a hiatus.  We're not talking minor stuff, we're talking actually real news worthy stuff.

Right now, as Yo_John pointed out, in the run-up to E3 the news out there is quite.  There aren't any major games coming out to distract people, Nintendo is preparing its big news, and Microsoft and Sony are both keeping mum about their next console while keeping us interested with games that won't be here until late Summer and Fall/Autumn.

So what is to be done?  People need to be patient.  Once E3 comes there will be lots more news and rumor to talk about, then a PAX, and then the Holiday.  We're just in a lull and people deal with that differently.  Some people get silly, some get angry, and some just deal with it.

pezus said:
Areym said:
NintendoPie said:
Why do you have to complain about it? Do you not like having fun? (Talking about the Piplup Fad.) Some of these pictures were extremely funny. You are right, this is a Complaint thread, nothing much more.

(Though I do agree with you on those Copy-Cat Threads recently. The first few were funny then it just got stupid.)

Bold 1:Not really a fun fad, more of a "WTF is going?" over night kind of fad. Kudos for starting(?) the Piplup fad, if it means anything to you.

Bold 2: Same with the piplup fad.

OT: As some people have mentioned, I am slightly troubled by seeing the same 4 people spamming threads over and overs. I would like to see new faces
with new personalities and ideas start threads, so that the trolling doesn't begin until like page 5 or so.

That is really out of those people's hands. You must realise that the top posters want to keep the discussion going, and without their threads, the discussion would not be going as well. We need to see new faces creating threads as well. I'm surprised no one ever complains about Nsanity though. He has probably created more threads than he has of forum posts, yet everyone always wants to focus on poor spurge.

Spurge is great, I consider him one of the best users on this site. He never complains, he never lashes out at other users, he creates great long-running threads, he is different, and he keeps this site alive when you're all away drowning in your own complaints. I will continue saying this in every complaint thread because I feel like attacking him is unfair, like you just want someone to blame for it all, when you're ALL a part of the problem. Don't like what is going on here? Create the threads you like. Don't like some of the threads other users create? DON'T FUCKING READ THEM.

Alright simmer down. I'm glad I didn't use names. Honestly, I don't know any of you so I can't comment on how great a person you may or may not be. Nsanity, as far as I know, mostly makes post regarding news, usually with a copy and paste of the article or link, so the threads usually start neutral with him. Again, from the threads I have seen him do. Like I said, I am only slightly bored by the problem i mentioned. I'm mostly a lurker so ya'll can do whatever you wish to do. I'm just along for the ride....a very slow ride in circles.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

TadpoleJackson said:
Xxain said:

Word. Thats to free... Imgine the thread bumping, XBOX news would not survive here.

The site isn't as active as you are making it out to be 

we have virtually no XBOX community here.

pezus said:
Areym said:
pezus said:
Areym said:
NintendoPie said:
Why do you have to complain about it? Do you not like having fun? (Talking about the Piplup Fad.) Some of these pictures were extremely funny. You are right, this is a Complaint thread, nothing much more.

(Though I do agree with you on those Copy-Cat Threads recently. The first few were funny then it just got stupid.)

Bold 1:Not really a fun fad, more of a "WTF is going?" over night kind of fad. Kudos for starting(?) the Piplup fad, if it means anything to you.

OT: As some people have mentioned, I am slightly troubled by seeing the same 4 people spamming threads over and overs. I would like to see new faces
with new personalities and ideas start threads, so that the trolling doesn't begin until like page 5 or so.

That is really out of those people's hands. You must realise that the top posters want to keep the discussion going, and without their threads, the discussion would not be going as well. We need to see new faces creating threads as well. I'm surprised no one ever complains about Nsanity though. He has probably created more threads than he has of forum posts, yet everyone always wants to focus on poor spurge.

Spurge is great, I consider him one of the best users on this site. He never complains, he never lashes out at other users, he creates great long-running threads, he is different, and he keeps this site alive when you're all away drowning in your own complaints. I will continue saying this in every complaint thread because I feel like attacking him is unfair, like you just want someone to blame for it all, when you're ALL a part of the problem. Don't like what is going on here? Create the threads you like. Don't like some of the threads other users create? DON'T FUCKING READ THEM.

Alright simmer down. I'm glad I didn't use names. Honestly, I don't know any of you so I can't comment on how great a person you may or may not be. Nsanity, as far as I know, mostly makes post regarding news, usually with a copy and paste of the article or link, so the threads usually start neutral with him. Again, from the threads I have seen him do. Like I said, I am only slightly bored by the problem i mentioned. I'm mostly a lurker so ya'll can do whatever you wish to do. I'm just along for the ride....a very slow ride in circles.

Lol this post wasn't meant exclusively for you. I'm sorry if it came out like that. It was just directed at the complainers in general.

Yeah I figured. It's all good.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:
NintendoPie said:

OT: As some people have mentioned, I am slightly troubled by seeing the same 4 people spamming threads over and overs. I would like to see new faces with new personalities and ideas start threads, so that the trolling/circle jerking doesn't begin until like page 5 or so.

That's not the "Spammers" faults. I'm a new face. (Joined 11/11/11.) You don't seem to care about me.

The piplup trend is funny! Please. There are worse things to complain about. Have a sense of humor.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I guess we are reaching the end of the generation in all senses... E3 is just around the corner, new consoles, new IPS & new trends everything should help to revitalize the forums...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I made that thread in response to the various (inserts company dies) where do you want it's games to go? Apparently it has left you quite distraught. Never again joke threads, never again.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

man-bear-pig said:
Xxain said:

DooM threads - The life blood of this site. The Bread& Butter. The Main event. These threads are like snorting crack for some People.

How very subtle...

/thread