By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

another thing is for the word "Spam" to better defined based off of habits from this site so that it may be better enforced.

Around the Network
Rudisha said:

I think those threads are fun though even if i don't post in them XD

Fun: maybe

Stupid, without purpose, and serving to bury conversations that the forums should actually be about: yes

These kind of threads being so popular is a symptom of a cancer that makes this forum more insular, harder to read, and less rewarding to participate in. Where's the room for good discussion? There isn't any.

Cut off rotting limbs to save the trunk. If people complain about it being lopsided, too bad.

Khuutra said:
Rudisha said:

I think those threads are fun though even if i don't post in them XD

Fun: maybe

Stupid, without purpose, and serving to bury conversations that the forums should actually be about: yes

These kind of threads being so popular is a symptom of a cancer that makes this forum more insular, harder to read, and less rewarding to participate in. Where's the room for good discussion? There isn't any.

Cut off rotting limbs to save the trunk. If people complain about it being lopsided, too bad.

but if there are more people that like it then it should stay. shouldn't it try to please the bigger amount of people instead of the smaller?

spurgeonryan said:
Who is radisha? Must be an alt?

When the site finally changes over there will be some changes just not as drastic as some of the few actually want.

Forget "when the site changes over", policy changes can be implemented right now. There's no software necessity here, it's just a matter of sitting down, writing out the policy, and making sure the mods make people adhere to it.

spurgeonryan said:
Who is radisha? Must be an alt?

When the site finally changes over there will be some changes just not as drastic as some of the few actually want.

is that a good thing or bad thing? XD

Around the Network
Rudisha said:

but if there are more people that like it then it should stay. shouldn't it try to please the bigger amount of people instead of the smaller?

No. Far more people have left over a lack of good conversation than are participating in that dreck right now.

The point is not to appeal to the largest part of the remainder. The point is to create an environment that fosters good discussion, to bring in good members. That's not what is happening right now.

that doesn't make sense . why wuld people leave if there used to be good discussion? They left because they got old, bored & tired. they would have left even with 'good discussion' going on. if people want to come talk about discussion , they can still do so . it's that there hasn't been much worth discussing. ASk yourself: what's happening in the gaming industry right now? nothing right now. the gen is become boring. e3 is coming though

Well i like the elimination threads but other than that you make some solid points. I never got why official Nintendo news thread was there when their was separate threads with 3DS, Wii U, and even with Sony's Vita. But i like the site and if you don't GTFO.

Khuutra said:
spurgeonryan said:
Maybe gaming threads and elimiination threads along with nsfw threads should be in a seperaate forum that does not show up on hot topiics. If you want them, then you go there to get them. But many forums have those types of threads.

Also people are more than welcome to take info out of the official threads and make a thread out of it.

Or we can just get rid of those threads altogether! It gets rid of a deluge of topics which contribute nothing to discussion and serve to bury actual good gaming-centric conversation. Yes! Yes, I like this idea.

Somebody get me an administrator on the phone, I got ideas

Khuutra, just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people don't enjoy them. I agree, they can be very intrusive on actual threads. That's why I think what Ryan was describing would work well. They should not be allowed on Hot Topics.

NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:
spurgeonryan said:
Maybe gaming threads and elimiination threads along with nsfw threads should be in a seperaate forum that does not show up on hot topiics. If you want them, then you go there to get them. But many forums have those types of threads.

Also people are more than welcome to take info out of the official threads and make a thread out of it.

Or we can just get rid of those threads altogether! It gets rid of a deluge of topics which contribute nothing to discussion and serve to bury actual good gaming-centric conversation. Yes! Yes, I like this idea.

Somebody get me an administrator on the phone, I got ideas

Khuutra, just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people don't enjoy them. I agree, they can be very intrusive on actual threads. That's why I think what Ryan was describing would work well. They should not be allowed on Hot Topics.

If they take away from good discussion, and demonstrably discourage people from participating in good discussion, they need to go, regardless of how much some members like them.