By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Developers of the Generation?

Tagged games:

Best developer of this generation according to you?

Nintendo EAD 71 26.89%

Naughty Dog 86 32.58%

Blizzard 9 3.41%

Valve 23 8.71%

Sony Santa Monica 31 11.74%

Bungie 11 4.17%

Rockstar 11 4.17%

Another Sony studio 1 0.38%

Another Nintendo studio 3 1.14%

Other (please clarify) 18 6.82%

Total:264
Jay520 said:
1. Valve
2. Rockstar
3. Gameloft
4. Insomniac

No, Gameloft is not a typo.

Gameloft , even though they rip off other ideas, they make excellent games that put other high budget companies to shame, even though they work on phones!

Around the Network

1 - Rockstar. GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption, for me. Also want to play LA Noire.
2 - Naughty Dog. Uncharted series.
3 - EA. Madden, MoH, Simpsons Game, Battlefield
4 - Insomniac. Ratchet and Clank, Resistance.
5 - Toss up between Lionhead (love Fable games... no matter how much I hate them) and Ubisoft (Tom Clancy games).

Honorable mentions: Bethesda, Valve, Activision

1. Bungie
2. Nintendo EAD
3. DICE
4. Visceral Games
5. Rare

1. Nintendo (really gets me how people can't include them in their list)
2. Valve (for Portal 2 would be first, but no Half Life 3 knocks it down)
3. Monolith Soft (Xenoblade. 'nuff said).
4. Namco (Tales of___games)
5. Capcom (I disagree with their policies, but their Nintendo games, like Revelations, MH3, Resi4 Wii means they deserve a place on this list).

Naughty Dog don't deserve a place, because the Uncharted games are massively overhyped, and that's ALL they've done to my knowledge. You need width and breadth to be a good dev, not winging it on one series. I preferred it when they did the Crash Bandicoot games...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

1. Bungie (Halo 3. Halo ODST, Halo Reach were too big, too good)
  2. Rockstar (Red Dead Redemption is the reason why)
  3. Turn10 (They are releasing an 90+ rated game every 2 years and clearly outperform the competition)
  4. Infinity Ward (Making the CoD that big has to be respected)
  5. Epic Games (Gears of War Trilogy is outstanding, their graphics engine did dominate this generation)
  6. Naughty Dog (Uncharted 2 and 3 are awesome games, Uncharted 1 not that great, therefore behind epic)
  7. Bethesda Softworks (Skyrim and Fallout)
  8. Bioware (even though I did not get into the Mass Effect series I see the value in it)
  9. UbiSoft (Assassin's Creed + Tom Clancy are good games, but probably 2 different developers)
  10. Lionhead (Fable II and Fable III are good games, they seem to have more potential though)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

I can't pick best, so I'll list some of the ones i can think of at the moment

- Sega

- Sony Japan

- Nintendo

- Atlus

- Bethesda (but the COPYRIGHT EVERYTHING thing is pissing me off)

- Valve

- CD Projekt RED

but to be honest its probably everyone except the listed

- Not Naughty Dog (Linear as hell games, barely have any replayability, and too much focus on graphics)

- Not Epic Games (same as above, Generic as hell games, but atleast has replayability)

- Not Ubisoft (all of it)

- Not Capcom (all of it)

- Not Idea Factory/ Compile Heart (their games are a big joke, and they know it, always going for the weeboo humor and hentai anime girls)

- Not HotHead Games (same as above but the american way)

- Not Bioware (their games suck ass after the first one in the series... ALWAYS, and they always the pointless sex scenes to appeal to kids so much that the characters feel shallow and stupid, so much that they always end up as a joke.)

- Not Mojang (I have no idea why everyone so obssessed with this indie company and notch, minecraft feels like a glorified level creator, and there is no point of playing it more than a couple of minutes, atleast Terraria had an actual good battle system and "Adventure" as in it pays if you try exploring)

- Not Microsoft (I don't want your freaking Media Apps, and I really don't want any more kinect games and Adverts about how great your freaking Windows Phone and Kinect are, I get it , stop shoving stuff on my face, Its not enough that I pay a yearly Xbox Live Gold account fee that you shove pointless adverts ofJersey Shore, Justin Beiber and some other american mainstream shit, I bought the console for games, not to waste money on freaking adverts, and some other PR Bullshit)

this is not a rant by the way.

I pretty much agree with this.

Have you seen the latest Far Cry 3 footage of the interactive movie scene in the burning house? I wanted to throw up.

All these AAA interactive movies are a disgrace to gaming.

Replace Blizzard with Bethesda and mine is the same as yours

Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout)
From (Demon Souls, Dark Souls)
Rockstar (Red Dead)
Valve (Falf Life)
Visceral (Dante's Inferno, Dead Space)
Platinum Games (Vanquish)
Mercury Steam (Castlevania LoS)
Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex, Thief 4)
TaleWorlds (Mount & Blade)

All developers from Eastern Europe (except for People Can Fly) because they make original games focused on gameplay rather than cinematics.

Nintendo EAD, Bethesda, Valve.

Nintendo they support an entire platform by themselves, nobody else can do that

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.