By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Developers of the Generation?

Tagged games:

Best developer of this generation according to you?

Nintendo EAD 71 26.89%

Naughty Dog 86 32.58%

Blizzard 9 3.41%

Valve 23 8.71%

Sony Santa Monica 31 11.74%

Bungie 11 4.17%

Rockstar 11 4.17%

Another Sony studio 1 0.38%

Another Nintendo studio 3 1.14%

Other (please clarify) 18 6.82%

Total:264
Conegamer said:
1. Nintendo (really gets me how people can't include them in their list)
2. Valve (for Portal 2 would be first, but no Half Life 3 knocks it down)
3. Monolith Soft (Xenoblade. 'nuff said).
4. Namco (Tales of___games)
5. Capcom (I disagree with their policies, but their Nintendo games, like Revelations, MH3, Resi4 Wii means they deserve a place on this list).

Naughty Dog don't deserve a place, because the Uncharted games are massively overhyped, and that's ALL they've done to my knowledge. You need width and breadth to be a good dev, not winging it on one series. I preferred it when they did the Crash Bandicoot games...

I think you are letting your butthurt from nintendo not being named by many getting to ya too much here :P It's just personal opinions all around..some just don't care much for Nintendo EAD games, that's all. 

And lol ND doesn't deserve it? The guys who made one of the most highly regarded 'new' IPs this gen? I get it if you don't like them (have you played their games btw? Serious Q) but you shouldn't be surprised others include it in their list. I for one can't wait to see how TLOU ends up. See they moved to ANOTHER new IP the moment they expanded into a bigger team. You are crazy if you think what they achieved with the resources they had this gen is not worthy of a mention.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

In no specific order:

• Rocksteady
  • Bungie
  • Epic Games
  • BioWare
  • Codemaster(s?)
  • Valve

I wanted to include more developers but I decided to keep the list short and stick to developers who've made more than one game this gen that I love, probably still forgot one or two though.

1.From Software (for Demon's/Dark Souls)
2.Retro Studios (for DKCR and Metoid Prime 3)
3.Nintendo EAD (for Galaxy, NSMB, MKDS, Zelda, Wiisports resort)
4.Valve (for HL Episodes and Portal)

M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:
1. Nintendo (really gets me how people can't include them in their list)
2. Valve (for Portal 2 would be first, but no Half Life 3 knocks it down)
3. Monolith Soft (Xenoblade. 'nuff said).
4. Namco (Tales of___games)
5. Capcom (I disagree with their policies, but their Nintendo games, like Revelations, MH3, Resi4 Wii means they deserve a place on this list).

Naughty Dog don't deserve a place, because the Uncharted games are massively overhyped, and that's ALL they've done to my knowledge. You need width and breadth to be a good dev, not winging it on one series. I preferred it when they did the Crash Bandicoot games...

just personal opinions all around..some just don't care much for Nintendo EAD games, that's all. 

And lol ND doesn't deserve it? The guys who made one of the most highly regarded 'new' IPs this gen? I get it if you don't like them (have you played their games btw? Serious Q) but you shouldn't be surprised others include it in their list. I for one can't wait to see how TLOU ends up. See they moved to ANOTHER new IP the moment they expanded into a bigger team. You are crazy if you think what they achieved with the resources they had this gen is not worthy of a mention.

You've pretty much nailed it, it's just personal opinios. A lot of people, including myself, have found UC a shallow game.

Naughty Dog is awesome. By best developers I consider everything, and ND has a lot of updates for their games, their graphic engine is super awesome, their set pieces are awesome, gameplay maybe linear, but linear games have their own charm if done right. Uncharted is the second best linear game imo. The best goes to God of War.

You would be stupid to say Santa Monica doesn't deserve a mention for making God of War linear btw. There's more to a game then it's linearity/openness.

Around the Network

1. Sony Santa Monica
2. Bioware
3. Epic Games
4. Ready at dawn
5. Remedy Entertainment

1. Nintendo EAD
2. Capcom
3. Monolith Soft
4. From Software
5. Intelligent

I voted for Sony Santa Monica because in terms of studios whose games I play, this generation has really belonged to them. Only God of War 3 as an individual effort, but all their collaborations really have to be admired.

I'd put Nintendo EAD and Insomniac up there too. Nintendo for keeping the quality flowing, and Insomniac for releasing 7 titles across 2 franchises yet maintaining fantastic quality in all of them.

As much as I love God of War thats the only game Santa Monica did on there own. I know they supported Flower, Journey and almost every other PSN game from Sony. I just would like to see them make some more games on there own, before I put them on a level with Naughty Dog and Bioware.

pezus said:
PullusPardus said:

- Not Naughty Dog (Linear as hell games, barely have any replayability, and too much focus on graphics)

- Not Mojang (I have no idea why everyone so obssessed with this indie company and notch, minecraft feels like a glorified level creator, and there is no point of playing it more than a couple of minutes, atleast Terraria had an actual good battle system and "Adventure" as in it pays if you try exploring)

I will never understand you >_>. Minecraft is very rewarding if you explore

Ironic you talked about exploration and then say you'd never understand because of Uncharted.