By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dragon's Dogma Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Is Dragon's Dogma the Best Game, Ever?

Hell yeah! 17 62.96%

Fuck yeah! 10 37.04%

Total:27

I downloaded the demo from xbox live and it took 6 HOURS to download fully.... FUK YOOH MICROSOFT!!!!

I played for about 2 minutes until I got interrupted and had to stop. Anyway, from what I've played it seems like a good game, but skyrim has set the standard so high for RPG's that this game just seems like a poor mans skyrim. The scenery & gameplay are both quite good, but the controls seem a bit shit, and combat is kinda like LOTR: Conquest (which is NOT a complement). Anyway, I'll play it properly tomorrow...

Around the Network

I'm afraid we may be building this game up a bit too much. Some people have said it's like a poor man's Skyrim. I've never played Skyrim. Some people say it's a bit like Monster Hunter. I"ve never played Monster Hunter. Others have compared it to Demon's Souls. I haven't played that one, either.

It's possible that this game is just a watered down version of all of these other games that I've never given a chance. If that's the case, I can understand people being disappointed in it. All I know is that I'm going out of my way to make time to play this game at every opportunity. Usually, when I get a good game, I play it when I get bored or have some free time. With this game, I'm neglecting other things just to play it and I never feel like I'm wasting time.

Anybody reading this thread, feeling left out or planning to buy it, I hope it doesn't let you down. It's a good game, though. I have no doubt about that. In my case, It's a great game!

I guess it's sort of like Monster Hunter if Monster Hunter were an RPG and didn't suck shit.

I don't really see the similarities to Skyrim at all since you can actually play Dragon's Dogma.

Slimebeast said:
Please can't you guys wait a few days with discussing the game? I haven't received my copy yet and I want to join sharing our experiences.

We will still be here! Or at least I will. I just realized I haven't even explored one-fifth of the map, so I am nowhere close to being done. Then there's the post-game. And then new game+...

badgenome said:
Slimebeast said:
Please can't you guys wait a few days with discussing the game? I haven't received my copy yet and I want to join sharing our experiences.

We will still be here! Or at least I will. I just realized I haven't even explored one-fifth of the map, so I am nowhere close to being done. Then there's the post-game. And then new game+...

hmh, i'd like to see your map... i am L39 now, and it looks to me that i've visited most of the overworld, except for a large chunk to the northwest.

Aaaaaanyway, ..

@lewis:

Yeah, its quite possible that we do. Dragons Dogma simply isnt an 95% Game, there are a number of minor flaw's that spit into your soup, things that are simply unconfortable or unpolished, but on the other hand, DD exceeds in some Elements, like Micromanagement for example... i mean, when did we see a 4-Character-Party the last time in an Open Worlded game? i dont remember any, actually.

good things so far:

- Atmosphere, Combat, Pawns!, AI

bad things so far:

- Unpolished (Yet somewhat intruiging) Scripted Events, ANNOOOOYYING Merchants, awful quick travel System (a.k.a you will run A LOT)

i wonder what is still to come! And i have high hopes for a Dragons Dogma 2, i think if Capcom builds up on this impressing foundation, they might be able to rival the likes of Skyrim with their next Installments

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:

hmh, i'd like to see your map... i am L39 now, and it looks to me that i've visited most of the overworld, except for a large chunk to the northwest.

Basically, I've stuck to going from Cassardis to Witchwood to Gran Soren to Heavenspeak Fort for a while now. Maybe the rest of the map isn't as big as it looks, but it seems like there's a ton of space left.

I think they were reporting 500k preorders in Japan and are already talking about a sequel, so here's hoping!

badgenome said:
Crystalchild said:

Basically, I've stuck to going from Cassardis to Witchwood to Gran Soren to Heavenspeak Fort for a while now. Maybe the rest of the map isn't as big as it looks, but it seems like there's a ton of space left.

I think they were reporting 500k preorders in Japan and are already talking about a sequel, so here's hoping!

there's some Clouds and a lot of Sea on the map, so i guess youre overestimating it... HOWEVER, i didnt mean to say that the world is abysmally small, it simply isnt a Skyrim. =)

Oh, and half a million pre orders for Japan? didnt VGC say that there were like around 200k for NA too? i really WANT a sequel, so i really hope for atleast 1,5m-2m in Lifetime Sales, and looking at Metacrittics (For users Review's only, of course. ) people really like this game, which may lead to some good word of mouth, resulting in moar sales for future installments.

edit: Oh and a little funfact - i have yet to encounter a Bug. i mean, some Ogre jumped down a cliff into instant death, but as we all know, Ogre's like Female Humans, so i think he was intended to jump after her when i threw my pawn into oblivion.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

there's some Clouds and a lot of Sea on the map, so i guess youre overestimating it... HOWEVER, i didnt mean to say that the world is abysmally small, it simply isnt a Skyrim. =)

Oh, and half a million pre orders for Japan? didnt VGC say that there were like around 200k for NA too? i really WANT a sequel, so i really hope for atleast 1,5m-2m in Lifetime Sales, and looking at Metacrittics (For users Review's only, of course. ) people really like this game, which may lead to some good word of mouth, resulting in moar sales for future installments.

edit: Oh and a little funfact - i have yet to encounter a Bug. i mean, some Ogre jumped down a cliff into instant death, but as we all know, Ogre's like Female Humans, so i think he was intended to jump after her when i threw my pawn into oblivion.

Yeah, looking at the southeast corner of the map and how much of it is empty space, I can see that now. Oh well. I'm also impressed by the fact that I haven't experienced a single bug or glitch yet. Bethesda could learn a thing or twelve from Capcom.

Since Capcom is only projecting 1.5 million sales, hopefully it will do at least that.

interior pics from chystalchild look so bad. couldn't they put at least one or two "things" in a house? even cave men had more in their caves^^ but why wasting money to develop a game with interior if the people who would buy it, buy it without as well.

'tis unbelieveably satisfying to climb up an enemy, stab it in the head, and then jump over to the head of the next one.. *Feels like a Boss*