Tagged games:

Is Dragon's Dogma the Best Game, Ever?

Hell yeah! 17 62.96%

Fuck yeah! 10 37.04%

Total:27

"Some group of whore killed our leader's pet cyclops."

LOL this game sounds awesome!

Around the Network

Wow! I am blown away. The home village is one of the best areas I've seen in a video game. The graphics design and architecture is perfect and I immediately got so immersed in that world. Context-wise those are the best graphics I've seen in a game. And so tasteful how they let you slowly explore it, even without any background music. Very professional and tasteful.

Strange because the intro segment in that dungeon (same as in the demo) had a different graphics style with graphics that reminded very much of Dark Souls (which is not a bad thing though). Speaking of the demo, I was not very impressed by it as it was chaotic and confusing, but I knew the game would be good anyway. But not this good.

Slimebeast said:

And so tasteful how they let you slowly explore it, even without any background music. Very professional and tasteful.

How about that main menu music?

With Diablo 3 starting to get on my nerves, I will be putting this in for the first time tonight. The odd thing is, at least to me, is that Capcom cancelled Monster Hunter 3 for the PS3 citing cost, but the origins of this game were made around the same time (2007-2008ish) and this game look beautiful and expensive to make. Making me believe that cost was not the factor in cancelling Monster Hunter.

badgenome said:
Slimebeast said:

And so tasteful how they let you slowly explore it, even without any background music. Very professional and tasteful.

How about that main menu music?

Yeah, that pop song is very fitting with the atmosphere of the game.

Around the Network

I hope we can keep this thread relatively spoiler free. One of this game's attractions apparently is the exploration and experimentation and this reminds me of the wonderful experiece of playing Morrowind for the first time. To discover a world with lots of unknowns.

Now a qestion. Should I worry too much about difficulty (or lack there of)? I already find myself just wandering around the wilderness killing random stuff and leveling up. Since the game has no difficulty slider I am afraid I will become too powerful and get no challenge from the main quests.

Slimebeast said:

I hope we can keep this thread relatively spoiler free. One of this game's attractions apparently is the exploration and experimentation and this reminds me of the wonderful experiece of playing Morrowind for the first time. To discover a world with lots of unknowns.

Now a qestion. Should I worry too much about difficulty (or lack there of)? I already find myself just wandering around the wilderness killing random stuff and leveling up. Since the game has no difficulty slider I am afraid I will become too powerful and get no challenge from the main quests.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'd have to be pretty significantly overleveled for the challenge to disappear. I'm probably a bit overleveled, and some of the bandits will still clean my fucking clock if I'm not careful. And from what I hear, the post-game is brutally, brutally hard.

i like the ending
my pawn finally have a life

Train wreck said:
With Diablo 3 starting to get on my nerves, I will be putting this in for the first time tonight. The odd thing is, at least to me, is that Capcom cancelled Monster Hunter 3 for the PS3 citing cost, but the origins of this game were made around the same time (2007-2008ish) and this game look beautiful and expensive to make. Making me believe that cost was not the factor in cancelling Monster Hunter.

Maybe, but since this is Capcom's decision making process, you may be overthinking it.

D-Joe said:
i like the ending
my pawn finally have a life

I should punch you, spoiler guy.  Luckily, the story isn't the main draw, here.

And about the difficulty--I've spent real out of pocket money to have enough Rift Crystals to buy other people's pawns that are overpowered.  It doesn't take long for them to be underpowered as well.  The two pawns I lost earlier today were Level 46 (cost me about $5 from my pocket) and 39 (was free even though it was way more powerful than my current level 32 characters).  They both died a horrible death and now one isn't available anymore and the other costs more than I can afford.

The difficulty is pretty good.  Often times, you'll know you shouldn't be going to a certain place because the enemies there are just too powerful.  Then, later on you'll pass through an area and suddenly you'll kick ass on the enemies that beat you down before.  To keep things balanced, you can buy pawns on your level pretty much for free but pawns several levels higher cost a TON of rift crystals.

For those confused, you can buy Rift Crystals from PSN/XBLA for about a $1.  That way, you can have characters in your team that are waaaay overpowered but you're going to have to pay for them.  Characters that are higher in level will likely have finished the quests you're doing and can tell you what to do and where to go when you get lost.  As you play, your character will learn what to do and when somebody else buys them, you'll profit in Rift Crystals and your character will tell them how to solve the quests you finished or defeat enemies you've vanquished--they don't spoil them, though.  They just offer clues.