By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii finally hit the point of no return like the Ps2?opinions welcom

well if micro drops the price to $100

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
ps3's future lineup has earned a spot in history. gta4, gow3, ff13, r2 are going to be big exclusives!!!

That lineup won't "earn a spot in history", they are all sequels. The ps2's lineup earned a spot in history (GoW, Iko, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil may Cry, the list goes on), all the PS3's lineup will be known for by the end is great sequels (big surprise) and bad new IP's (in generalities of course, because resistance and uncharted were good games).

I'd say that the wii has went passed the point of no return. I don't see microsoft catching it this generation (they are too new into the console gaming bus to realistic expect total domination). As for Sony, I highly doubt that, last generation the most powerful console didn't win and seeing the way the world is going (into recession again) I doubt it'll win this generation either, it's just economics. Only way I would realistically see Sony catching up with MS and Nintendo (as in catching up, not just beating them on random months by a couple of k's of units) would be if it really did last 10 years like they projected it to at the start of it's lifespan and I think both Nintendo and MS would be smart enough to force a new platform if they both have new (and much more powerful for MS, and innovative for Ninty) consoles in 4 or 5 years time. 

@ finalsquall: Yeah sure, the PS3 will win in the end, because MS and Nintendo would have brought out their next consoles for about 3 years already by that point..

Even if PS3 so happen to eventually out sell the Wii there is no doubt the Wii is a huge success for the Big N. I still think that most gamers that now has just the Wii will eventually get a PS3 or 360 as the games improve over time.

Its sad its winning, when sony finally releases the best console they can make it loses to the "wii".

Still unkown.

mM

i don't think the ps3 can really catch up anymore. i don't think the ps3 can beat the wii at the end of the gen. it will challenge it yes , but it won't beat it. Later on in Wii's life, maybe 2012, they will be selling near but wii will still edge it out and beat ps3!

leoj, why couldn't you be banned for life??

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network
tabsina said:
Yes, I am unconvinced until they show they can hold their ground beyond 2011, i'll return with my prediction then

Hehe and here I thought you would at least give me a proper response and counter. Oh well. In any case I do not doubt that the wii is anything but a phenomenal success for Nintendo however I simply do not share many people's quick optimism and declaration of victory. Having said that the wii has performed exceptionally thus far although I simply think that people are being a bit hasty.

i think the most likely scenario is wii winning

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

leo-j said:
Its sad its winning, when sony finally releases the best console they can make it loses to the "wii".

Still unkown.

what do you mean by best console?do you mean the best game library or the best technology because if your going by game library then that would have to be ps2 and not 3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Branko2166 said:
tabsina said:
Yes, I am unconvinced until they show they can hold their ground beyond 2011, i'll return with my prediction then

Hehe and here I thought you would at least give me a proper response and counter. Oh well. In any case I do not doubt that the wii is anything but a phenomenal success for Nintendo however I simply do not share many people's quick optimism and declaration of victory. Having said that the wii has performed exceptionally thus far although I simply think that people are being a bit hasty.

Yup I mean the NES will collapse and gaming will go back to the PC, after all the NES is only a fad and underpowered, soon people will see the graphics on the PC and abandon the NES

Oh wait wrong decade  

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Branko2166 said:
tabsina said:

Yup I mean the NES will collapse and gaming will go back to the PC, after all the NES is only a fad and underpowered, soon people will see the graphics on the PC and abandon the NES

Oh wait wrong decade

Funny I said none of those things. U making those arguments only back up my points. I have tried to give my honest opinion and have given reasons as to why I think the way I do. If you want to make this a futile sarcasmfest then that is your prerogative and I will not parttake. Later