By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii finally hit the point of no return like the Ps2?opinions welcom

The Wii has been doing extremely well and has been doing better than the Ps2 at the same point in its life cycle. But i realized this: When the Ps2 came out it was around 13 million. When the it came out it was already about ahead of the cube and box by about 25 million or something! The same looks to be happening with Wii. It is dashing ahead faster than the other two and doing amazing! (even halo 3 couldn't stop the Wii from doing monstrous numbers!!) The Ps3 is getting great games this year. 360 will be getting games that aren't as good as last year's but still good. Do you guys think that the Wii has already won the gen? (imo, i think it already has! i mean, it's been doing monstrous numbers in 2007 having only 2 super mega releases. (metroid and galaxy.) this year it's getting 3!! (brawl, kart, and wiifit!) i also, think ps3 will be second behind wii. the great lineup coming out for it will rival 360's and it is Playstation! it's more widely known than Xbox. Send your thoughts on the matter plz.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

i think so.. i think its definitely set itself up to win... put it like this its in a great position right now...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Yes, Nintendo has won this generation. Even if Microsoft tries to make a comeback, all Nintendo needs to do, is to lower the price of the Wii and it will continue its dominate force again and again....

I can't see the HD consoles ever catching up now. The Wii's lead will only increase.

360 mcan't beat the ps3 or wii! they are both busting with popularity! (even though ps3 got off to a bad start in 06.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius
Around the Network

though i still like and have all 3, 360 won't win honestly.

True Genius

I think its pretty unlikely for them, to slip up now, but you never no.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

no i think theyve built too big of a lead.. if the 360 couldnt hold em back in america then well nothin could.... under the right circumstances i could see the ps3 catching somewhere down the road

edit; and yes i know those would be some hell of a circumstances..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

ps3's future lineup has earned a spot in history. gta4, gow3, ff13, r2 are going to be big exclusives!!! (except gta4 isn't exclusive, it may help ps3 more considering most people are used to gta on playstation consoles and most people don't care about "episodic" content even though it may be nice.)

True Genius
daactualfact said:
ps3's future lineup has earned a spot in history. gta4, gow3, ff13, r2 are going to be big exclusives!!! (except gta4 isn't exclusive, it may help ps3 more considering most people are used to gta on playstation consoles and most people don't care about "episodic" content even though it may be nice.)

I dont really now how to feel about GTA, I think people are banking on it too much to really sell the HD consoles. Not that i don't think it will be succesfull, but i don't think the impact will be a sbig as its predecessors . Oh well!! we shall wait and see

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"