By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii finally hit the point of no return like the Ps2?opinions welcom

Nothing is going to stop the Wii now. It is the Juggernaut.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

What John Lucas said.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

It's not the point of no return until they sell more then the 360 and PS3 ever could.

I mean any number of highly ridiculious, let slightly possible downfalls could happen.

like Iwata could make a PR blunder like... saying hitler was right or something.

Or Wii's could start exploding and killing people.

Or something.

Nintendo kills babies to make Wii's, is about the only way I could see it stop selling

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

In order for Nintendo to maintain its lead they will have to keep the casual crowd interested and we all know how fickle and easily swayed that market is. The wii may be hot right now and selling like hotcakes but longevity will be the challenge.

If they manage to pull it off then kudos but I am still unconvinced unless at the very least they have a repeat performance of last year in 08.

Around the Network

Yes, I am unconvinced until they show they can hold their ground beyond 2011, i'll return with my prediction then

I'm sure Nintendo will be able to keep the casual crowd interested '08 and beyond. They certainly know what they're doing when it comes to casual games at the moment. When you consider their numerous successes over recent years with casual titles on DS and Wii, some of which have been sitting comfortably in the charts for years now.

still to early to decide

Wii is winning now and will short term. Ps3 will win in the end. Hold on to your dreams Wii fangirls oh and boys :P (Stir)

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Allot of hardcore gamers who hadn't made their minds up about the Wii yet are gonna be turned by Brawl and the same goes for the casual gamer with WiiFit.