By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii finally hit the point of no return like the Ps2?opinions welcom

i really don't think ps3 will catch wii, but it will be a big rival for it.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

@bornfirst

most of my friends i hang out with didn't even know gta4 was coming out for 360 but already knew it would arrive on ps3.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius
daactualfact said:
@bornfirst

most of my friends i hang out with didn't even know gta4 was coming out for 360 but already knew it would arrive on ps3.

Yeh its the same with mine. But knowing Microsoft, they will be paying for a lot of advertising, so by the time its out, people will know! Plus havn't they got that new user content? 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

@bornfirst

prepare to see shitloads of ads for gta4 on xbox live!!! (and mess up live forever!)

True Genius

Personally, I don't think the positions will change. The Wii has absolutely 'won' this generation. The PS3 and 360 race will be interesting, though, to say the least.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Nintendo would have to make a huge mistake at this point for the Wii to not pull through as the system of choice. Or a competitor would have to introduce either a new console or a peripheral with a huge attach rate, coupled with a winning strategy, to draw away the unmet demand of the Wii.

What will be more interesting will be to see if the 360 and PS3 manage a bell curve of sales, or if they experience the inverse checkmark curve (ie. lots of sales the first two years, massive drop-off with no real recovery afterwards) that the original XBOX and the GameCube did last generation...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

It would be foolish to think that the Wii can lose this generation by now. The real debate would be if PS3 can beat 360... that I think it has a very good chance.

Surprisingly little opposition to the notion of the Wii having won this generation. What happened to all the fanboys?

@ Fazz: OF COURSE IT COULD STILL LOSE! DON'T YOU KNOW MS IS SECRETLY PLANNING TO NUKE ALL OF 'TENDOHS FACTOREEZ????? IT'S TEH TRUTHZORZ!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Writing is on the wall. They can't say much given that the system has broken sales records across the board, has a LARGE lead in Japan and others and is quickly catching up with the 360 in North America. If you had told me before the Wii launched that it would match lifetime sales of the Gamecube before its second full year on the market was up, I wouldn't have believed it.

Could it still loose, yes, but it will take a major market shift to do so at this point.