By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Great CHEAP Wii Games

Tagged games:

Should I wait for the Wii U instead?

Yes 9 37.50%

No 8 33.33%

Depends 7 29.17%

Total:24

Despite being a Nintendo fanboy, I never got a Wii this generation. Whenever I considered the prospect, either monetary issues came up or the DS/3DS got some cool new game that could hold me over. But now that the Wii and its games are becoming cheaper and cheaper, with Wiis going for as low as $99, I'm strongly considering making the plunge.

That said, I'm cheap. I dislike having to pay $40 for a game, let alone the $50 standard for Wii titles. I can't afford a new system and top-priced games, especially after buying a 3DS at launch. And if I get a Wii, spending money would be short for a while.

That's why I'm asking you, the VGChartz community, to recommend me some CHEAP Wii games, preferably $20 or less.

For context, as a fan of several Zelda games, I already plan on getting Twilight Princess some day. My only consoles ever have been the N64 and PS2, so GameCube ports and Virtual Console recommendations would be appreciated. I like RPGs, platformers, action adventures, and strategy games.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

To name a few:
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Rayman Origins
Sonic Colors
Mad World
Super Paper Mario
Okami
House of the Dead Overkill
A Boy and His Blob

WiiBox3 said:
To name a few:
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Rayman Origins
Sonic Colors
Mad World
Super Paper Mario
Okami
House of the Dead Overkill
A Boy and His Blob

Thanks, I'll look into those. Especially Super Mario Galaxy.

Love and tolerate.

Find Rune Factory Frontier. Best Wii game... I love it. Should be able to get it now for $20-$30.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Most of the cheap games are just good not great. I second that list, but I do count Super Mario Galaxy 1 (not 2) as a great game.

Kirby's Epic Yarn, Punch out, and Metroid Prime 3 are all cheap and good as well.

Around the Network

Ebay. That's all you need to know.

I'd look at Nintendo Selects titles (which ZeldaTP is now) and then Ebay. Pretty much any good game on Wii can be had for about $20 or less via Ebay.

I don't know if you plan on picking up the Wii-U early or want to wait for games. For me - I played on a Wii of a friend. This friend was moving to another city late last year - and I decided to wait for the Wii-U. But the Rainfall-RPGs were hitting, and while I expected the Wii-U in Spring, I had to learn that it will come only late in the year. So I changed my plan and were buying the Wii now. That also means, I will get the Wii-U later, probably after a year or so if many of the games I'm interested in are out. I don't know how long you will wait for the Wii-U, on that depends if you should take the Wii for now.

Games: The two Pikmin-remakes for the Wii are good. Take from rainfall Pandora's Tower. I didn't palyed Xenoblade yet (later), but Pandora's Tower > The Last Story. If you have enough money buy both. Take Wii Sport Resort and Super Smash Brtothers (much fun with firends).
For the genres you named: Maybe Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Epic Mickey, Monster Hunter Tri. I'm not too much into platformers, but I always hear Mario Galaxy and Rayman Origins are good. Okami is probably better on PS2, but in that question the opinions differ. But buy the game, for whatever platform.

EDIT: Reading again about the cheap part - you will probably not buy the Wii-U on start and take a Wii now. Also you may wait on the Rainfall-games, they are expensive. All the other stuff is older.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pikmin 2 on June 10th for $19.99.

Great game and you said you liked strategy games. It is probably most like an RTS.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/wii_pikmin_2_hits_north_america_on_10th_june_for_usd1999

Smash Brothers: Brawl and Donkey Kong Contry Returns are getting price reductions soon. (To $30.00.) If you like the Mario Sports line Mario Tenis will also be going down to $20.00. (Ok that's it I'm going to bed..)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30138

spurgeonryan said:
I swear that you had a 3DS as well?

Most game stores have plenty of cheap wii games that are good. Pick up a few of those! Cursed Mountain should be around 10 bucks. Deadly creatures should be as well.

I have a 3DS. I mentioned it in the OP.

Why is Cursed Mountain good? I thought it had poor reviews.

Love and tolerate.