Tagged games:

Should I wait for the Wii U instead?

Yes 9 37.50%

No 8 33.33%

Depends 7 29.17%

Total:24
TheKingofRedLions said:

Pikmin 2 on June 10th for $19.99.

Great game and you said you liked strategy games. It is probably most like an RTS.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/wii_pikmin_2_hits_north_america_on_10th_june_for_usd1999

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

I don't know if you plan on picking up the Wii-U early or want to wait for games. For me - I played on a Wii of a friend. This friend was moving to another city late last year - and I decided to wait for the Wii-U. But the Rainfall-RPGs were hitting, and while I expected the Wii-U in Spring, I had to learn that it will come only late in the year. So I changed my plan and were buying the Wii now. That also means, I will get the Wii-U later, probably after a year or so if many of the games I'm interested in are out. I don't know how long you will wait for the Wii-U, on that depends if you should take the Wii for now.

Games: The two Pikmin-remakes for the Wii are good. Take from rainfall Pandora's Tower. I didn't palyed Xenoblade yet (later), but Pandora's Tower > The Last Story. If you have enough money buy both. Take Wii Sport Resort and Super Smash Brtothers (much fun with firends).
For the genres you named: Maybe Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Epic Mickey, Monster Hunter Tri. I'm not too much into platformers, but I always hear Mario Galaxy and Rayman Origins are good. Okami is probably better on PS2, but in that question the opinions differ. But buy the game, for whatever platform.

EDIT: Reading again about the cheap part - you will probably not buy the Wii-U on start and take a Wii now. Also you may wait on the Rainfall-games, they are expensive. All the other stuff is older.

Since these are coming as a limited release. I'm not sure they will get very cheap. If yoou wait too long, these may end up very expencive on ebay. Unless Nintendo plans to have them for digital download on the WiiU.

Actually most of the great third party Wii games are dirt cheap these days..

Mad World (7 bucks on amazon, a complete steal at that price)
Little King's Story
Monster Hunter Tri
Rayman Origins
RE: 4
Red Steel 2
Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo selects)
Dawn of Discovery
Muramasa
House of the Dead: Overkill
Boom Blox
De Blob
Sonic Colors
Mario Strikers Charged (surprisingly great online system)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo select)
Wii Play
Traumua Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Team
Ivy the Kiwi
Punchout (Nintendo selects)
Sin and Punishment

That should keep ya busy ;). ..and that's just from what I've played..

you also might want to try out Fragile Dreams if you like RPGs. Haven't played it but I've heard good things. The whole use of the flashlight with the wiimote definitly intrigues me, and I hear the story is great.

The sweetest thing is that all those games are under the $20 mark, via amazon. And all are AAA or close to it when considering their price. Wii's library definitly shines with quality budget games, mostly because of overlooked third party games that no one bought, forcing the companies to drop the prices.

Salnax said:
spurgeonryan said:
I swear that you had a 3DS as well?

Most game stores have plenty of cheap wii games that are good. Pick up a few of those! Cursed Mountain should be around 10 bucks. Deadly creatures should be as well.

I have a 3DS. I mentioned it in the OP.

Why is Cursed Mountain good? I thought it had poor reviews.

I would skip Cursed Mountain.  I starts waaaaay too slow.  There are some good levels in the second half of the game, but the first half is pretty bad and takes forever to get through.  Mainly because your character moves like a World War I era tank.

Unless you are a big fan of survival horror games, I would skip it.  There are too many games on the Wii that are much better.

(The game isn't all bad.  The setting is really cool, and I don't think anyone has done something like it before.  The ice cave and base camp are great levels.  It is just not worth the effort with so much else out there.)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Ah, if you like crazy, then try 'Rabbids Go Home'. I don't know what genre this is though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

cursed mountain is great, yes there are some flaws but it is a game that tries something a little different and im all for that.

theRepublic said:
Salnax said:
spurgeonryan said:
I swear that you had a 3DS as well?

Most game stores have plenty of cheap wii games that are good. Pick up a few of those! Cursed Mountain should be around 10 bucks. Deadly creatures should be as well.

I have a 3DS. I mentioned it in the OP.

Why is Cursed Mountain good? I thought it had poor reviews.

I would skip Cursed Mountain.  I starts waaaaay too slow.  There are some good levels in the second half of the game, but the first half is pretty bad and takes forever to get through.  Mainly because your character moves like a World War I era tank.

Unless you are a big fan of survival horror games, I would skip it.  There are too many games on the Wii that are much better.

(The game isn't all bad.  The setting is really cool, and I don't think anyone has done something like it before.  The ice cave and base camp are great levels.  It is just not worth the effort with so much else out there.)

We all know Spurge loves Tanks.

zippy said:
cursed mountain is great, yes there are some flaws but it is a game that tries something a little different and im all for that.

Different is a dime a dozen on the Wii.  Might as well be different and good.

Staying within the survival horror genre, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories has no combat.  That is pretty different.

Just from my own collection, there is "different" stuff like:

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Platformer)
Little King's Story (RPG/Strategy)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (2D RPG/Action Adventure - I recommend it)
A Boy and His Blob (Puzzle Platformer)
Rune Factory Frontier or the sequel (RPG/farming)
No More Heroes (Action)
The Munchables (This game is crazy for crazy's sake, and more of a children's game.  It is basically Pac-Man if it was in 3D and on crack.  I wouldn't recommend it since the OP is 18.)
de Blob or the sequel (I consider this the best non-Mario 3D platformer I have played.)
Okami (Action Adventure - Many compare this to Zelda)
Boom Blox (Physics Puzzle)
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Point and click puzzle game - The last 4 levels are terrible)

I have no idea if any of these are cheap right now.  The Nintendo Selects titles would be a good way to get good games for cheap.  Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy are on there, as is New Play Control! Pikmin 2.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

In London we have lots of second hands games that selles very cheap.

Most good games are very cheap.

SMGalaxy £13
Zelda TP £11
RE:4 £7
Pikmin 1&2 - £5 and £13
Paper Mario £11
Metroid 3 £5
Kirby Epic Yarn £14
WarioWare £4
Mario Party 8 £12
MadWorld £2
Cursed Mountain £3