By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS2 is doomed (2000)

PS3 selling better compared to it`s HD competitor.
That`s making 3rd party developers to support PS3 through it`s life.
PS3 FTW!

You won`t see CoD4, DMC4, GTA4, RE5 and other HD games on Wii. That`s why PS3 dominating.

p.s. PS3 wasn`t selling in Europe for 4 months, so what? People still compare ps3 and x360 sales.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Holy crap! ___O_o______ wins the award of most clever poster ever! I don't think *anyone* has ever tried making that comparison before.

Oh no, here they come...

Why thank you.
I accept. XD

hahahah what a crap article, that guy must feel like a clown!

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
hahahah what a crap article, that guy must feel like a clown!

Like this guy 

http://www.productwiki.com/nintendo-wii/article/why-the-wii-won-t-sell.html

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

CrazzyMan said:
You won`t see CoD4, DMC4, GTA4, RE5 and other HD games on Wii. That`s why PS3 dominating.

No, it's because the Wii cannot output HD graphics. Wii can gain near realism in terms of graphics (not true HD; a type of psuedo-form; God of War 2 ex.) in terms of months or slightly over a year or two of development. No 3rd party developer is going to try and work with a good Wii game like that because they don't think it's worth time and effort. Look how God of War 2 turned out on the PS2 (the CS were NICE; saw it on an HD at college). I'd say that's near perfection when working with a weaker console and it's strengths. Just tampering and tuning a game on the Wii CAN and WILL make it better in time, but it's up to a developer's decision on how they want to operate with a system. And most 1st and 2nd party know the ins and outs of their console they are developing for.

There is a big difference in this article that makes incomparable to the PS3 situation. If you read the article it says that the only competition Sony had at the time was the Sega Dreamcast which had a 6 months head start in hardware sales. The XBOX had yet to be released and was an unproven in the game market. The PSOne was still selling well at this point as well. Sega had just released two debacles earlier the Saturn and the 32X gamers lost Sega's trust. Not everyone jumped to by a Sega console. By the time the XBOX was released the PS2 game library was great since around the time of the XBOX was released, Sega announced that they would be discontinuing the Dreamcast. Sony being the only major company around (since the GameCube had yet to be released) reaped the benefits. The XBOX never had a shot therefore, Sony won by default.

In this generation the XBOX had a year head start but actually had an amazing second year that helped it out pace Sony in 2007. Then Nintendo just took off with a new controller scheme. Sony had nothing that caught gamers eyes and with a hefty price tag at $600 at launch gamers went to the Wii or XBOX 360 which had a year head start and better games.

Sony will rebound but it won't happen overnight. It will take Sony until early 2009 to make some noise. The delays must stop on the software end before Sony rights their ship.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

brute said:
leo-j said:
de-ja vu

"ps2 is doomed!"

"ps3 is doomed!"

except this is right when ps2 launched ,right when ps3 launched people were saying it would win

and who was saying this? Microsoft had a big "We Win" smile on their faces. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Actually his baseless PS2 bashing reminds me of the gazillion articles bashing the Wii...

Deja vu?