By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS2 is doomed (2000)

gamingdevil said:
Actually his baseless PS2 bashing reminds me of the gazillion articles bashing the Wii...

Deja vu?

Exactly, they SDF'ers think it applies to the PS3, but they are off base the Wii is where history will repeat

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

well the ps3 is getting bashed more than the wii.... people just think the ps3 is gonna take off and the wii will fade

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

@Naraku_Diabolos:

Then why there is NO CoD4, DMC4, GTA4, RE5 versions on Wii?
If you say, Wii got 3rd party support. =)

Anyway, after 0,5-1 year this article will be more actual for all sony haters. =)
Will be interesting to hear, what theu are going to say.

p.s. why 1 year? because only after that time all BIG PS3 game will be available on the market. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
@Naraku_Diabolos:

Anyway, after 0,5-1 year this article will be more actual for all sony haters. =)

p.s. why 1 year? because only after that time all BIG PS3 game will be available on the market. =)

whaa?

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Bonafide732 said:
well the ps3 is getting bashed more than the wii.... people just think the ps3 is gonna take off and the wii will fade

Its not about the bashing its about the reasoning, those who think that the PS3 will rise based on power and the Wii will fade are fooling themselves, same with the idea that a few hardcore games are going to save the PS3, those things never make a difference

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Ah the memories. Sony's been in that boat alot of times. But the boat keeps on going :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Bonafide732 said:
CrazzyMan said:
@Naraku_Diabolos:

whaa?

ignore him and just look at the emoticons

hes definently a crazzzyman. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

finalsquall said:
Ah the memories. Sony's been in that boat alot of times. But the boat keeps on going :D

*Looks at PSP, looks at DS, looks at PS3, looks at Wii* yup it keeps going, further behind Nintendo

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bonafide732 said:

Its not about the bashing its about the reasoning, those who think that the PS3 will rise based on power and the Wii will fade are fooling themselves, same with the idea that a few hardcore games are going to save the PS3, those things never make a difference

im not saying thats how i feel im just statin what i see.... i honestly dont know what to think because this generation of gaming is different from any that i have seen yet..

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

CrazzyMan said:
@Naraku_Diabolos:

because those games were all in developement before the companies knew whata success wii would be

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"