By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is going down the same path as the Wii and GameCube together ~ Good or Bad?

Madn said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
Madn said:
I think Nintendo learned the lesson.It isn't going to fail again like with the end of the wii or the beginning of the 3ds. If played well the wiiU could outsell the wii

That is a given though. If any console plays their cards well they can beat the Wii or even PS2 in sales. Just think what would have happened if Sony just stuck with the PS2 even longer. Not that this would be a good thing for there company, but the PS2 would have sold much more.

Thing is: do they really learn? Just look at the Vita... You think they would have learned from3DS - but noooooo...

Well, you could say vita tried something different than the 3ds. In the lineup there were titles like uncharted and wipeout, clearly with the western market in mind. Only thing is they ignored Japan

But I don't see it selling to well here in the West either...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Madn said:

Well, you could say vita tried something different than the 3ds. In the lineup there were titles like uncharted and wipeout, clearly with the western market in mind. Only thing is they ignored Japan

Yeah well, at least they tried xD (i think)

Forget the botched 3DS launch and pricing, Nintendo has done a great job otherwise with it. Much improved online, Hardware that although is weaker than Vita isnt exactly lacking in the power dept, better 3rd party content etc. My point being if Nintendo price the WiiU better and launch with a better line up of games, i wont be upset if they follow the same strategy they have with the 3DS thus far.

Bad.

The system has lots of potential but since what always ends up happening is 3rd parties doing as little as possible I see the Wii U's software lineup looking like that of Wii and GC. By that I mean lots of "family oriented" crap-ware along with ports of multiplatform games for the first 2 years. Since they will obviously sell less than on other platforms, there will be a steady decline in support until PS4 and Xbox 3 launch, at which point 3rd party support will be basically down to zero, leaving only the crap-ware.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

If most 3rd partys skip the WiiU then i'm not getting it. It's just not worth it just for the N games any longer imo..

But i'll wait and see how it goes.

Around the Network
Madn said:
DanneSandin said:
Madn said:

Yeah well, at least they tried xD (i think)

I actually kinda feel bad for Sony :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wii U is Wii + Gamecube??? So it's a Wii, with no innovations, aimed directly at children?

That sounds like a terrible idea that would almost certainly thrust Nintendo back into the dark ages.

Nintendo should be thinking much more forward and progressive than that. Explore and innovate, not make a non-innovative kid version of the Wii in the way they made a non-innovative kid version of the PS2 with the GameCube.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Wii U is Wii + Gamecube??? So it's a Wii aimed directly at children?

That sounds like a terrible idea.

The Gamecube was aimed at children?

Madn said:
Jumpin said:

Nintendo marketed as such...for a while anyway.

Jumpin pretty much nails it on the head here - "Nintendo should be thinking much more forward and progressive than that. Explore and innovate, not make a non-innovative kid version of the Wii in the way they made a non-innovative kid version of the PS2 with the GameCube."

Madn said:
Jumpin said:

ACtually there were a lot of Big 3rd party games on the GC. Anyone Remember Eternal Darkness? That was far from a kids game.