By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is going down the same path as the Wii and GameCube together ~ Good or Bad?

I think Wii U is in a much better position than the GC was, it will sell at least 50m imo
it wont fail but it might disappoint sales wise (games are going to be badass)

Around the Network

Dont worry about the WiiU s success, it will do fine, posibbly good, around 50-60m LTD

spurgeonryan said:
BasilZero said:
As long as Nintendo can dish out 1st party titles as much as they did during N64, GCN and Wii, i'll be fine. Although a few third party titles wouldnt hurt.

The Wii was a gold mine of first party games compared to the GC and even the N64 in my opinion. Like we have not seen since the Snes days. So what you mean is as long as they can have as many 1st parties as the wii and keep them coming throughout its lifecycle then the Wii U will be a success. They need to be varied as well. We do not need 6 marios and 4 metroids like we had on the Wii. There are plenty of other options for the Wii U.

Yeah, I agree with you on this one Ryan! The Wii had great 1st party support!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

BackAgain said:
Dont worry about the WiiU s success, it will do fine, posibbly good, around 50-60m LTD

Yeah, I've said it for a while now that WiiU will do 40m MINIMUM!

Cheebee said:
spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
Ryan: I actually noticed now that you don't really seem to ask anything in the OP... You simply makes an observation... Nothing much to discuss :P

Will the Wii U fail if it does not successfully combine the two consoles?

Hmm, I doubt people will go for a GameCube and Wii duct-taped together.

lol, j/k.

The Wii U is a Wii and a Nintendo DS duct-taped together. Nintendo's most successful consoles merged into one!

Around the Network
wfz said:
Cheebee said:
spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
Ryan: I actually noticed now that you don't really seem to ask anything in the OP... You simply makes an observation... Nothing much to discuss :P

Will the Wii U fail if it does not successfully combine the two consoles?

Hmm, I doubt people will go for a GameCube and Wii duct-taped together.

lol, j/k.

The Wii U is a Wii and a Nintendo DS duct-taped together. Nintendo's most successful consoles merged into one!

What they need to do is duct-tape NES, SNES and Wii togather... THAT would be a beast!!

I think Nintendo learned the lesson.It isn't going to fail again like with the end of the wii or the beginning of the 3ds. If played well the wiiU could outsell the wii

spurgeonryan said:
Madn said:
I think Nintendo learned the lesson.It isn't going to fail again like with the end of the wii or the beginning of the 3ds. If played well the wiiU could outsell the wii

That is a given though. If any console plays their cards well they can beat the Wii or even PS2 in sales. Just think what would have happened if Sony just stuck with the PS2 even longer. Not that this would be a good thing for there company, but the PS2 would have sold much more.

Thing is: do they really learn? Just look at the Vita... You think they would have learned from3DS - but noooooo...

spurgeonryan said:
Madn said:

That is a given though. If any console plays their cards well they can beat the Wii or even PS2 in sales. Just think what would have happened if Sony just stuck with the PS2 even longer. Not that this would be a good thing for there company, but the PS2 would have sold much more.

Not any console. If a good console plays well its cards it could beat them. You can't just build something new and bring the best out of it, it has to be good.

Still, i get your point

DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
Madn said:

Thing is: do they really learn? Just look at the Vita... You think they would have learned from3DS - but noooooo...

Well, you could say vita tried something different than the 3ds. In the lineup there were titles like uncharted and wipeout, clearly with the western market in mind. Only thing is they ignored Japan