By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony falls to a new 30 YEAR low. Markets just dont believe them.

thehusbo said:
They really need to let go of the divisions that are losing them money and allocate resources towards what they are best at. Sony pictures, Sony music and Sony computer entertainment is what they should focus on. The tv division should just be sold on. Even though they have lost so much, they still produce many new games/IP's and products. Legends :) I hope they can bounce back, But they really need to work hard to get out of this position.

Sell of the tv business!?

You're crazy, the company will be basically worthless without it.

Around the Network
fillet said:
thehusbo said:
They really need to let go of the divisions that are losing them money and allocate resources towards what they are best at. Sony pictures, Sony music and Sony computer entertainment is what they should focus on. The tv division should just be sold on. Even though they have lost so much, they still produce many new games/IP's and products. Legends :) I hope they can bounce back, But they really need to work hard to get out of this position.

Sell of the tv business!?

You're crazy, the company will be basically worthless without it.

Well at the rate the tv's are going for Sony I think selling it off would be best. They should use the money generated to invest elsewhere. Unfortunately at the price they are in today's market are aren't competitive enough. Samsung offer similar quality tv's for much less, which is a problem for them in today's economy. But ye your right. I think selling off the tv division would be bad, it would be a last resort I think.

It's not PS3 or Blu-ray that's the only problem. Come to think of it those two could be the least of their problems.
From phones to TVs Sony are getting hammered.
Looking forward the only positive things are music and movies

The whole company needs to be refocused and restructured. This is what they claim to be doing now.

Talk about combining the TV side of things with Panasonic could be a good thing if it happens.
Some say they need to do this with other products their manufacture. Share the load so to speak.
"Experts" say they should or could sell off some of their subs to the Chinese or whoever.

What Sony needs is a takeover now their value is so crap.

I feel sorry for them................wait.....

MonstaMack said:
My guess is people are buying more cheap/crappy TVs. Sony = Quality when it comes to TVs, that's what I tell everyone and It's sad when people go for the cheapest TV only to face problems in the long run.

That statement is garbage!  While yes they are good tvs, they are no better then leading competition. Hell I'd even go as far as to say LG is superior in some aspects.  My main tv is. 60 inch sharp quattron 3d if I wanted sony's version it would have cost me any extra 800$ for what? Sony warranties the tv for a year, best buys 4 yr black tie program still came out to less than sony's. I don't see the point in paying more for any product because of " brand loyalty"

Around the Network
VicViper said:

And people were saying it was buying time 1-2 weeks ago! When's the rebound going to happen?

It's truly amazing what happened to Sony when you think about it. Sony was the top dog! Now nothing (except for playstation 3, which is still very popular) is sony. You don't see anyone using anything sony anymore! Nothing: car stereos, e-readers, tablets, tvs, mobiles, music players... even cameras and notebooks, common sight some time ago are becoming less and less sighted!

Literally, the fall of a giant! They'll be ok, but never even close to what they once were.

Their laptops seem pretty popular in my area. As for all that other stuff, that's pretty much the case.

4 ≈ One

Don't worry Sony, I still got your back. 

To the end buddy 

^^^^^^^^
Watch your back SOny!!!

Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars, Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars.....

Damn, Sony is going downhill badly. I guess they are not showing the P$4 this year, and a VITA price drop sounds less possible now

Sony needs to drop their TV business and concentrate on profitable divisions. They are just throwing away their money at this point.