By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q4 and FY 2011 : PS3 1.9m shipped - PSV 1.8m lifetime.

donsterydo2 said:
paulrage2 said:
Because the release of U Wii, I believe the PS3 costing 199 this year.

Sony clearly plans on selling less consoles in the coming year so that alone means there would be no price cut on PS3.

well they did a pricecut in the fiscal year AND sold less then the previous year so you can't say there won't be a price cut... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

PS3 is undertrackz.

NiKKoM said:
donsterydo2 said:
paulrage2 said:

Sony clearly plans on selling less consoles in the coming year so that alone means there would be no price cut on PS3.

well they did a pricecut in the fiscal year AND sold less then the previous year so you can't say there won't be a price cut... >_>

But now it looks like they plan on selling significantly less than this year: from 13.9m to around 13m.

And didn't they plan on selling 15m this FY? This year they could sell again much less then they originally planned.

Also it will probably get overlooked but the numbers they released for 2011 show ps3 sales were down overall on the previous year.

Barozi said:
ArmGunar said:
PS3's LTD at 28th April: 64,136,242

63,9M at 1sr April according to Sony's figures, not overtracked here, maybe even undertracked.

haha what ?

Xbox 360 did 67.2m LTD (31st March)
After VGC adjusted 360 sales, we have 1.3m on shelves

PS3 did 63.5m and VGC had them at 63.9 at the end of March, so 400k on shelves.

Maybe you don't know the difference between shipped and sold or rather what VGC counts as a sale.

So basically the PS3 needs to be adjusted by 900k to have the same level of consoles in stores like the Xbox 360. Good to know.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
donsterydo2 said:
NiKKoM said:
donsterydo2 said:
paulrage2 said:

But now it looks like they plan on selling significantly less than this year: from 13.9m to around 13m.

And didn't they plan on selling 15m this FY? This year they could sell again much less then they originally planned.

Yeah they expected 15m... I think the market is saturated and sony will have a price cut to maintain the sales level they have now.. the previous price cut did that.. a new one will likely do that.. only to try to maintain, not boosting the sales.. i wish they didn't lump the PS2 with it so we could have better numbers

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hyruken said:
Ps3 massively over tracked then here. It was at 63.9m shipped at end of april and shipped 1.9m meaning for those 3 months an average of 633k. So there is no way on earth it did an additional 200k in the following week as its average would be around 150k-158k a week.
Which would then mean zero stock on shelves and mass shortages which obviously isn't the case seeing as here in uk at least some stores recently have cut its price, they wouldn't do that if it's demand was as high as vgc indicates.

So we are looking at around 1m over tracked minimum for sure because to think there is anything less then 600k left on shelves is silly. But I'm sure the usual suspects will try and argue vgc is right....

I'm being conservative and say overtracked by 570k.

Supply for 47 days. (at 150k per week)

Can someone link me to kowenickis shipment and supply thread ? I'd like to know if 47 days is similar to the previous years.

Sony blames that Thai floods affected PS3 shipments.

''Our products like PlayStation 3, the sales trend is quite firm, but it was nevertheless affected by the Thai flood. The destruction of supply chain adversely affected the PlayStation. So as is shown in your materials, we have reduced our forecast by 1 million units for the entire year.''

(Sony Corporation F3Q11 Earnings Conference Call February 2, 2012 )

Could mean that PS3 is in pretty tight supply and not necessarily that much overtracked.

Yeah... and what would they do with additional 1m PS3 when 13.9m is more than enough :p

KillerMan said:

Sony blames that Thai floods affected PS3 shipments.

''Our products like PlayStation 3, the sales trend is quite firm, but it was nevertheless affected by the Thai flood. The destruction of supply chain adversely affected the PlayStation. So as is shown in your materials, we have reduced our forecast by 1 million units for the entire year.''

(Sony Corporation F3Q11 Earnings Conference Call February 2, 2012 )

Could mean that PS3 is in pretty tight supply and not necessarily that much overtracked.

I would like to see any major retailers reporting shortages. from what i could tell a lot of companies tried to use that as a scape goat last quarter when outside of HD production there were never any real material shortages 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog