By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q4 and FY 2011 : PS3 1.9m shipped - PSV 1.8m lifetime.

goddog said:
KillerMan said:

Sony blames that Thai floods affected PS3 shipments.

''Our products like PlayStation 3, the sales trend is quite firm, but it was nevertheless affected by the Thai flood. The destruction of supply chain adversely affected the PlayStation. So as is shown in your materials, we have reduced our forecast by 1 million units for the entire year.''

(Sony Corporation F3Q11 Earnings Conference Call February 2, 2012 )

Could mean that PS3 is in pretty tight supply and not necessarily that much overtracked.

I would like to see any major retailers reporting shortages. from what i could tell a lot of companies tried to use that as a scape goat last quarter when outside of HD production there were never any real material shortages 

Every PS3 comes with HDD.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Ps3 massively over tracked then here. It was at 63.9m shipped at end of april and shipped 1.9m meaning for those 3 months an average of 633k. So there is no way on earth it did an additional 200k in the following week as its average would be around 150k-158k a week.
Which would then mean zero stock on shelves and mass shortages which obviously isn't the case seeing as here in uk at least some stores recently have cut its price, they wouldn't do that if it's demand was as high as vgc indicates.

So we are looking at around 1m over tracked minimum for sure because to think there is anything less then 600k left on shelves is silly. But I'm sure the usual suspects will try and argue vgc is right....

Hahahahahahahaha no the ps3 is not overtracked by 1m, seriously your pro 360 agenda is getting embarrassing now.

ps3 was overtracked, 360 was undertracked. Typical vgchartz.

Jadedx said:

Nope the opposite, the 360 is usually overtracked and the ps3 undertracked.

cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:

hahahahahahaha!

Around the Network

The overtrack/undertrack war happened again in VGC.

Jadedx said:
cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:

hahahahahahaha!

Prove me wrong.

cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:
cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:

hahahahahahaha!

Prove me wrong.

You are the one who made the opposing statement. Why don't you try to back it up?

How about we stop this bullshit ?

There were lots of instances where one console was either over or undertracked. I can recall many where the 360 was too high, I also remember that it was undertracked almost every month of last year's NPD reports and I remember lots of Wii/PS3 over- and undertracking as well. So stop trying to put an agenda on VGChartz.

Jadedx said:
cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:
cookingyourmama said:
Jadedx said:

hahahahahahaha!

Prove me wrong.

You are the one who made the opposing statement. Why don't you try to back it up?

Hahahahaha wow got no proof then, this is really sad, yet you come out with false statements that are pro MS.

Just for example go have a look at what happened this December in America, originally before the data was fixed the 360 was overtracked by a million in just one region for one month whilst the PS3 was undertracked by several hundred thousand.