By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q4 and FY 2011 : PS3 1.9m shipped - PSV 1.8m lifetime.

they could get me to buy one if they would add freaking ps2 playback to the console, id buy it for up to 249.99 with that, it would replace my ps2 and my blueray player, and id pic up a few games, thats been my sticking point since it was removed, until then from sony my ps2, and psp will be all i use in terms of home consoles, loved my psp, the vita was almost everything i wanted added to the psp, but uses a new freaking proprietary format...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Software wise they're doing really good. They sold 13.9m PS3s, just as they expected. I think the last 2 years and a pricecut this year will show that PS3 has its peak around 14m.

I think SW & HW will be down this year. January to December 2011 sw was 159m, Apr-March was 156m. The highest HW figure was 14.6m in October 2009 to September 2010 - they've been above 13.9m in several 12 month periods. HW looks like it is slowly declining, with declines accelerating a bit if anything.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

ArmGunar said:
PS3's LTD at 28th April: 64,136,242

63,9M at 1sr April according to Sony's figures, not overtracked here, maybe even undertracked.

So do you believe there are less than 500K units in shelves, all over the world?

ArmGunar said:

63,9M at 1sr April according to Sony's figures, not overtracked here, maybe even undertracked.

haha what ?

Xbox 360 did 67.2m LTD (31st March)
After VGC adjusted 360 sales, we have 1.3m on shelves

PS3 did 63.5m and VGC had them at 63.9 at the end of March, so 400k on shelves.

Maybe you don't know the difference between shipped and sold or rather what VGC counts as a sale.

ArmGunar said:

thats overtracked, sony is sold to stores, we are sold to customers, 63,471,269 (vgc numbers http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41000/Global/) sold to customers as of march 31st. with 63.9 sold to channel on the 1st of april with only 430~k on shelves we would see  shortages, dont remember reading of any in the last month

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

So, the gap between 360 and PS3 is still higher than 3.0M that made me pleased.

So if the gap in shipments is now 3.3m and if Microsoft cuts the price this year, we could see the gap widening even more.

I don't see PS2 selling lower than 3m next year, so Sony must predict around 13m for PS3 and that means there would be no price cut for it in the coming year.

I could see the gap at the end of next fiscal year at 3.8m.

PS3 - 13m / X360 - 13.5m

Because the release of U Wii, I believe the PS3 costing 199 this year.

Ps3 massively over tracked then here. It was at 63.9m shipped at end of april and shipped 1.9m meaning for those 3 months an average of 633k. So there is no way on earth it did an additional 200k in the following week as its average would be around 150k-158k a week.
Which would then mean zero stock on shelves and mass shortages which obviously isn't the case seeing as here in uk at least some stores recently have cut its price, they wouldn't do that if it's demand was as high as vgc indicates.

So we are looking at around 1m over tracked minimum for sure because to think there is anything less then 600k left on shelves is silly. But I'm sure the usual suspects will try and argue vgc is right....

paulrage2 said:
Because the release of U Wii, I believe the PS3 costing 199 this year.

Sony clearly plans on selling less consoles in the coming year so that alone means there would be no price cut on PS3.