By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst Blames Nintendo For Video Game Sales Decline

Tagged games:

chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:
I always felt this way about Nintendo his words sound very logical compared to most Nintendo fans. The Wii just plain has failed to maintain its early success. Not that I care when they never make the hardware or software I want the most anyways,.

We agree with bold, almost all of us...

It's the analysis that we mostly don't agree with here. He says that most Nintendo casuals migrated to iphone and ipad due to Nintendo's doings. Apple's appeal has nothing to do with what Nintendo is doing, the WiiU will be out soon and is targetting that same casual audience, so I don't know what he means by:

“Ten years ago, Nintendo largely catered to kids and Nintendo fanboys. There was about a five year period they could expand their market beyond that, and now I think they’re back to the kids and Nintendo fanboys again. It’s not a bad market but it’s not a market that’s going to grow enormously.”

His words don't sound logical at all. There is absolutely no reason to say bold unless he's trolling. Pure and simple. If Nintendo captured the casuals with the DS and the Wii, they certainly can do it with the WiiU.

Ananlysts are not paid to troll they are payed to advise investors and they do try to not hurt random internet peoples feelings rather they say what they think is true that will help their cients and corporations they work for. It is not trolling, it is doing their job right by being honest. I truly fell the wii U will mostly gather kids and so called fanboys next gen. They just are not capturing a large enough of an audience to maintain their old success.

Apple and companies have plenty to do with Nintendo or any other electronics/entertainment corporation. Time and money is limited so we can only use both on a limited amount of resources. If Nintendo is continually losing software sales that quickly the money and time is going elsewere and since apple, tablet, and facebook gaming is growing it is logical to assume that is where many people are spending their time and money. Not 100% correct, but definantly one of the areas Nintendo is losing sales to.

If Apple is hurting Nintendo's sales, why is the 3DS selling even faster than the Nintendo DS did? Smartphones and portable consoles are 2 different things. Also this analyist is clearly trolling, just like Pachter does, and both are usually wrong. 

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

@bold. Keep dreaming. By now it should be clear that analysts have their biases (Pachter is just one example). Some constantly praise a company and bash another. Have you never noticed analysts constantly bash Nintendo? The reason is, they don't believe in the company, so yes, in fact it's a form of trolling, they will never or very rarely ever give them the benefit of the doubt, good luck proving me the contrary, for the only exception of Sebastian Kramer, the best official analyst in the industry. Other than him, we're the best, then it's the other official ones cause we could do a much better job then they. Don't kid yourself.

@apple. I never said Apple had nothing to do with Nintendo and yes, long-term, they, Microsoft and Google are most likely their biggest competitors. But the situation he's describing, that Wii is losing customers to Apple in an irreversible kind of way, it's just so biased it hurts my eyes, no joke.

1) The response is parinoid.

2) He is not biased he is motivated by making money, period, and making other people the most money possible.

stealth20k said:

"trending down 50 percent year over year, and has been for the last 12 months."

This doesnt even make sense.....................12 months is not year after year........it was freaking the second highest selling system in 2011 and 1 in 2010

Year over year, not year after year.

well when you think about it, it fits doesn't it? but wiiu will remedy that i'm sure

PROFESSIONAL EPIC TROLLING!!!!

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:

@bold. Keep dreaming. By now it should be clear that analysts have their biases (Pachter is just one example). Some constantly praise a company and bash another. Have you never noticed analysts constantly bash Nintendo? The reason is, they don't believe in the company, so yes, in fact it's a form of trolling, they will never or very rarely ever give them the benefit of the doubt, good luck proving me the contrary, for the only exception of Sebastian Kramer, the best official analyst in the industry. Other than him, we're the best, then it's the other official ones cause we could do a much better job then they. Don't kid yourself.

@apple. I never said Apple had nothing to do with Nintendo and yes, long-term, they, Microsoft and Google are most likely their biggest competitors. But the situation he's describing, that Wii is losing customers to Apple in an irreversible kind of way, it's just so biased it hurts my eyes, no joke.

1) The response is parinoid.

2) He is not biased he is motivated by making money, period, and making other people the most money possible.

@bold. It's not working. Their predictions are shit.

http://kotaku.com/138532/analyst-revolution-nintendos-last-console

Analyst: Revolution Nintendo’s Last Console

NOV 21, 2005 10:40 AM

Buried in a Red Herring article about Microsoft's Xbox 360 launching the console wars, is a quote from UBS analyst Michael Wallace. The quote reads: "Nintendo's Revolution will be its last console, it's a two-horse race right now." Talk about premature. I guess I was under the impression that Nintendo was still, uh, a profitable company.

Pachter In 2005:

(Props to SNESboy)

The end result:

Whatever they're doing, it isn't working.

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

(...)

*rolls eyes*

On topic: Looks like analysts aren't even trying to hide their bias anymore.

Also, I don't recall Nintendo ever getting credit for driving growth. Back during the heydays of the Wii and DS it was always the industry as a whole that grew.

*rolls eyes* You think you're one step ahead, always one step behind.

Edit: Or I must be many steps behind, because I still don't get that you're just playin'. And to be honest with you, your pal Sebastian Kramer is the best analyst out there. You, me, the people at vgchartz do a much better job at analysis than most paid professionals out there. We can always do better, but we are good at what we do, it's our hobby!

I'm going to scratch all the above out because it's just a mess. Nevermind Rol.

I just want to get along...

I am Error

This same analyst told Gamasutra on Nov. 24, 2009 that half the Wii owners also had another console.
So that means those people are not buying for their Xbox 360s or PS3s either.

Considering this person is covering computer games, cinema, and console, my guess is his knowledge base is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Also, if you don't believe that there might be bias, he predicted a less than strong reception for the WiiU on March 22, 2012,, saying that "... we do not expect it to be a driver of third party publisher shares, given their historically low exposure to Nintendo platforms." I am guess that Ubisoft (Let's Dance series) and Activision (since it is getting Nintendo exclusive ads for the Skylanders series on Wii and 3DS) may disagree.

Yes, analysts try to predict things to make money -- for their clients. When you know who is paying them to make public statements, then you will know the source of their biases. This discussion has been made many times about Pachter.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

What's next? Blaming MS and Sony for not selling like the wii?

He's just pointing out the obvious by stating that US game sales are down only because Wii sales are down this year and they used to account for a large portion of sales. He didn't need to bring out that comment about fanboys, but you guys didn't need to go full retard either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgHITc1OL-c