By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst Blames Nintendo For Video Game Sales Decline

Tagged games:

Well, its semi-true. Nintendo was(is) the leader this gen, but they dropped the ball. They failed to keep the Wii sales strong. Instead they let the Xbox 360 take its fans with Kinect but that just isn't enough to make up for the huge Wii and DS sales decline.

Around the Network

Nintendo sucks
Analyst rock

Um, it's not, perhaps, that they're shifting development resources to their upcoming console, as well as their newly released handheld? No? How DARE THEY!

Seriously though, for analysts, you'd think they'd have more brains to come up with a logical explanation for this. The WiiU is a bit over 6 months away from release. They can't just pull games out of their ass for it. That shit takes TIME to develop.

If Nintendo went the other way and just kept developing for the Wii right up until the point that the WiiU is released, I could imagine these hypocrites jumping up and down and crying that "WiiU has no release titles".

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think analyst hate on Nintendo because they are a proud Japanese company. Rarely do you see bad things about microsoft if ever, and Sony likes to sit at everyones table if you know what i mean.

A company that is selling the most of everything CANT be the blame for the decline of sales......

Around the Network

yeah, I saw enough of this kind of bullshiiit. just like 2ch in Japan.

theRepublic said:
DanneSandin said:
theRepublic said:

“Everybody needs to realize that the Wii software segment is trending down 50 percent year over year, and has been for the last 12 months. That is a massive decline. There’s no way you could not have a decline overall with that big of a decline in that portion of the software.”

The Wii has been a huge portion of this generation's revenue, so of course the Wii decline is going to affect the overall. Nintendo have moved their teams to the 3DS and Wii U and third parties completely dropped the ball with the Wii, so there is no big software left. This is pretty much a no brainer statement.

“Ten years ago, Nintendo largely catered to kids and Nintendo fanboys. There was about a five year period they could expand their market beyond that, and now I think they’re back to the kids and Nintendo fanboys again. It’s not a bad market but it’s not a market that’s going to grow enormously.”

You have got to be fucking kidding me. The 3DS is through the roof right now, and we have yet to see Wii U software. It is conceivable that Nintendo could only end up with Gamecube like software for the Wii U, but to say this now is just ridiculous. Saying stuff like this during a generational transition is just asking to make yourself look stupid.

i believe that the wiiu will sell at least forty million units based on the fact that around threehundred million will be sold next generation.

I've seen you say that before, and I don't have any reason to disagree.  Even with Gamecube type software, the Wii U should still beat the Gamecube based on the strength of the brand alone.

My bigger point was that if Nintendo makes more Wii type software for the Wii U, then they are going to make this analyst look like an idiot.  Although he is doing a pretty good job of that on his own.

i completly agree with you. they have the chance to make it big this gen as well. and hes a total idiot

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Even if facts are corrects: video games in us are in decline because of the slow down of the wii, the blame shouldn't be pjt on nintendo solely on nintendo but also 3rd party company that were never been able to provide the the wii with correct games and also the other manufacturer that are not able to cover the decline of the wii

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

The decline of game sales in the US is not "Nintendo's fault", that is such a biased way to see it.

Rather, it goes to show more importantly how much the US game industry was dependent on Nintendo this gen, and that it followed Nintendo's sales curve independently of any other agent. That's actually a props to Nintendo.

@arthurchan35, I extend thee a warm welcome on the chartz. Your analyst bashing will be invaluable on the site.

Any analyst who willingly uses the expression "Nintendo fanboys" in his reasoning and writing warrants nothing but a scoff and a snort, followed by leaving the way you came in.