By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst Blames Nintendo For Video Game Sales Decline

Tagged games:

happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

@bold. Keep dreaming. By now it should be clear that analysts have their biases (Pachter is just one example). Some constantly praise a company and bash another. Have you never noticed analysts constantly bash Nintendo? The reason is, they don't believe in the company, so yes, in fact it's a form of trolling, they will never or very rarely ever give them the benefit of the doubt, good luck proving me the contrary, for the only exception of Sebastian Kramer, the best official analyst in the industry. Other than him, we're the best, then it's the other official ones cause we could do a much better job then they. Don't kid yourself.

(...)

*rolls eyes*

On topic: Looks like analysts aren't even trying to hide their bias anymore.

Also, I don't recall Nintendo ever getting credit for driving growth. Back during the heydays of the Wii and DS it was always the industry as a whole that grew.

*rolls eyes* You think you're one step ahead, always one step behind.

Edit: Or I must be many steps behind, because I still don't get that you're just playin'. And to be honest with you, your pal Sebastian Kramer is the best analyst out there. You, me, the people at vgchartz do a much better job at analysis than most paid professionals out there. We can always do better, but we are good at what we do, it's our hobby!

I'm going to scratch all the above out because it's just a mess. Nevermind Rol.

I just want to get along...

I am Error

Well... that's a mess...

Around the Network

He's completely right, but he's looking at the wrong side of the mountain.
The real argument is that video games is not in decline. It was artificially expanded by the wii's new market to the point where when it declined, so would the total sales. It was inevitable. Are this generation's sales in decline? Yes. Is gaming as a whole declining? No.

it's a smokescreen! the real culprit of course is

:p

happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

@bold. Keep dreaming. By now it should be clear that analysts have their biases (Pachter is just one example). Some constantly praise a company and bash another. Have you never noticed analysts constantly bash Nintendo? The reason is, they don't believe in the company, so yes, in fact it's a form of trolling, they will never or very rarely ever give them the benefit of the doubt, good luck proving me the contrary, for the only exception of Sebastian Kramer, the best official analyst in the industry. Other than him, we're the best, then it's the other official ones cause we could do a much better job then they. Don't kid yourself.

(...)

*rolls eyes*

On topic: Looks like analysts aren't even trying to hide their bias anymore.

Also, I don't recall Nintendo ever getting credit for driving growth. Back during the heydays of the Wii and DS it was always the industry as a whole that grew.

*rolls eyes* You think you're one step ahead, always one step behind.

Edit: Or I must be many steps behind, because I still don't get that you're just playin'. And to be honest with you, your pal Sebastian Kramer is the best analyst out there. You, me, the people at vgchartz do a much better job at analysis than most paid professionals out there. We can always do better, but we are good at what we do, it's our hobby!

I'm going to scratch all the above out because it's just a mess. Nevermind Rol.

I just want to get along...

I am Error

This made me laugh.

HE`S RIGHT , IS NINTENDOS FAULT............
definetly WiiU is Nintendos last console ITS A TWO HORSE RACE!!

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:

@apple. I never said Apple had nothing to do with Nintendo and yes, long-term, they, Microsoft and Google are most likely their biggest competitors. But the situation he's describing, that Wii is losing customers to Apple in an irreversible kind of way, it's just so biased it hurts my eyes, no joke.

1) The response is parinoid.

2) He is not biased he is motivated by making money, period, and making other people the most money possible.

Yes, but make who money? When analysts, by their remarks, can impact the investment market, don't you think they would be trying to negatively or positively impact the stocks of certain companies, by throwing FUD around to try to impact what the company should do?

For example, as far as Pachter goes, Activision is a client of Wedbrush Morgan Securities. Activision wants a more 3rd party friendly console from Nintendo, so Pachter then harps on and on about how "Nintendo should make a Wii HD." The hope here is to drive investors away from Nintendo because Nintendo isn't doing that, precisely to then make Nintendo do that. It gets more transparent with that one Australian guy who recently said "Nintendo's stock value would be 100% higher if they moved into iOS." This is a blatant effort to say: Sell Nintendo or Don't Buy until they go iOS, which in turn is an indirect threat to Nintendo: go iOS.

When we're talking about small potatoes, yes, consultancy firms are usually objective, but at the higher end of things, analysts are trying to active alter the market in the favor of their clients.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

And I blame analysts for common sense decline.

That seems like a more plausible conclusion.

theRepublic said:

“Everybody needs to realize that the Wii software segment is trending down 50 percent year over year, and has been for the last 12 months. That is a massive decline. There’s no way you could not have a decline overall with that big of a decline in that portion of the software.”

The Wii has been a huge portion of this generation's revenue, so of course the Wii decline is going to affect the overall. Nintendo have moved their teams to the 3DS and Wii U and third parties completely dropped the ball with the Wii, so there is no big software left. This is pretty much a no brainer statement.

“Ten years ago, Nintendo largely catered to kids and Nintendo fanboys. There was about a five year period they could expand their market beyond that, and now I think they’re back to the kids and Nintendo fanboys again. It’s not a bad market but it’s not a market that’s going to grow enormously.”

You have got to be fucking kidding me. The 3DS is through the roof right now, and we have yet to see Wii U software. It is conceivable that Nintendo could only end up with Gamecube like software for the Wii U, but to say this now is just ridiculous. Saying stuff like this during a generational transition is just asking to make yourself look stupid.

i believe that the wiiu will sell at least forty million units based on the fact that around threehundred million will be sold next generation.

sry for typing out the numbers, im on the phone and it sux ass to write on... sad face...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

And I blame analysts for common sense decline.

That seems like a more plausible conclusion.

DanneSandin said:
theRepublic said:

“Everybody needs to realize that the Wii software segment is trending down 50 percent year over year, and has been for the last 12 months. That is a massive decline. There’s no way you could not have a decline overall with that big of a decline in that portion of the software.”

The Wii has been a huge portion of this generation's revenue, so of course the Wii decline is going to affect the overall. Nintendo have moved their teams to the 3DS and Wii U and third parties completely dropped the ball with the Wii, so there is no big software left. This is pretty much a no brainer statement.

“Ten years ago, Nintendo largely catered to kids and Nintendo fanboys. There was about a five year period they could expand their market beyond that, and now I think they’re back to the kids and Nintendo fanboys again. It’s not a bad market but it’s not a market that’s going to grow enormously.”

You have got to be fucking kidding me. The 3DS is through the roof right now, and we have yet to see Wii U software. It is conceivable that Nintendo could only end up with Gamecube like software for the Wii U, but to say this now is just ridiculous. Saying stuff like this during a generational transition is just asking to make yourself look stupid.

i believe that the wiiu will sell at least forty million units based on the fact that around threehundred million will be sold next generation.

I've seen you say that before, and I don't have any reason to disagree.  Even with Gamecube type software, the Wii U should still beat the Gamecube based on the strength of the brand alone.

My bigger point was that if Nintendo makes more Wii type software for the Wii U, then they are going to make this analyst look like an idiot.  Although he is doing a pretty good job of that on his own.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)