By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Worst movie sequels ever!!!! (POTENTIAL SPOILERS!)

Ahh Jake LLoyd. Yeah he was a tad annoying. Hard to believe Darth Vader evolved from that annoying little brat.

Around the Network

@Mushroom, I've always actually liked the redemption of Darth Vader. I thought the closing of RotJ was probably the best part of that movie (with the Battle for Endor and those damned Ewoks being the worst).

Clones gets the prize for worst Star Wars movie. I've mostly blocked it out apart from some god-awful dialogue about sand. Only good romantic dialogue ever in Star Wars was ad-libbed by Harrison Ford.

mushroomboy5 said:
@Nightdragons to be fair they'd already ruined the character of Vader at the end of ROTJ with all that 'You were right Luke...tell your sister you were right' crap.

Which reminds me...RETURN of the JEDI would rate up there with worst sequels of all time (even if it is a bit of an easy target!)...to me, Jedi is far worse than any of the prequels.

Hold on a minute there... how exactly did Darth Vader coming to terms with the fact that he fucked up big time by destroying his, his family's and countless other people's lives, and finally owning up to it with his son RUIN his character???  He was telling Luke that he was right about it not being too late for him and that he could turn him back to the good side.  This is the epitome of character development in a story, something that Lucas completely forgot about while he was busy using his new shiny toys to make his epic "look at how much shit I can shove onto the screen at once!" trilogy.

I'll take a few somewhat irritating minutes of watching Luke and Co. fumble around with overgrown teddy bears over the horrendous crapfests known as the prequels that completely ruined Star Wars forever.  The only positive thing to ever come out of those movies were the RedLetterMedia reviews that rightfully tore them apart.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

mushroomboy5 said:
@Nightdragons to be fair they'd already ruined the character of Vader at the end of ROTJ with all that 'You were right Luke...tell your sister you were right' crap.

Which reminds me...RETURN of the JEDI would rate up there with worst sequels of all time (even if it is a bit of an easy target!)...to me, Jedi is far worse than any of the prequels.

Please, Jedi's the best of the original trilogy, handily. IV was too low-budget and V was dragged down by angst in a few cases.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day...completely terrible. Such a disappointment from the first movie. They spent every other minute trying to remind you of something good from the first movie, and the other minute trying to jam in the formula from the first one even though it didn't fit.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Highlander bored the crap outta me. They're not immortal as they can be killed ie They're mortal beings. OT; Matrix 2 , Butterfly effect 2, Speed 2 to name a few.

Weekend at Bernie's 2! How the hell did they screw up the formula!!!

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Mortal Kombat 2. The first one was badass but the sequel...yuck!

Ghost Rider 2 was a joke. The rider went from being a bad ass to a lunatic.

Starship Troopers 2. From a cult classic to a low budget crapfest.

The Matrix Revolutions
Happy Feet 2
Halloween 2
Alien 3
Terminator 3

The Butterfly Effect 2 & 3