By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Specs "leaked" by fudzilla

I wonder if the PS4 will be able to play Ninty's game if they arent going the hardware way. Of course assuming the the nextbox dual gpu and "16 cores" is true.
Anyway "anonymus source".

Around the Network

well as long as it performs better, it doesn't really matter. great games, innovative games, smarter/challenging AI, etc, and that should be enough.

power without substance, isn't appealing.

Deoz said:
I wonder if the PS4 will be able to play Ninty's game if they arent going the hardware way. Of course assuming the the nextbox dual gpu and "16 cores" is true.

There is no way the 16 core rumor is true.

What stupid statement "on par". If it's merely on par then what's the point of releasing a PS4? Perhaps "on par" means on par with the current generation of PCs? That would make a lot more sense. Though without at least 4GB of RAM I don't know how they can make that statement.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

superchunk said:
Deoz said:

There is no way the 16 core rumor is true.

I doubt it too, that's why i say assuming. If both the Nbox/ps4 doesnt improve dramaticaly from wiiU,  then i belive its possible for Nintendo take the next gen sales crown without too much effort,  assuming they're improving their online game of course. That's why i think at least one will go the hardware way, and i belive MS will be the one even without the 16 cores. They need the advantage over ninty.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Zkuq said:

They will definitely not leave it at 512 MB, it's only double what PS3 has. My guess is 2 GB simply because 1 GB is too little and 4 GB is too much for those idiots who decide these things.

You're confusing video ram with other ram.

Video is 1GB to 2Gb so far based on rumors.

Then they have 512MB or higher for regular ram.

Then there have been rumors for crazy amoungs of eDRAM as well.

I think as it all solidifies, there will be plenty of RAM in there.

I'm not but almost everyone else is. PS3 has 256 MB RAM and 256 MB VRAM. As far as I know,  this thing said PS4's going to have 1 GB VRAM (which I consider to be a realistic amount) and I threw a guess that it won't have 512 MB of regular RAM because it's only double what PS3 has.

zero129 said:
VGKing said:
"but so far it has been on par with the current generation.'"

LOL! Fake.

I find it amazing your so fast to call this fake, yet you always say how them "No name" devs are right that the Wii U will be less powerful then the 360/PS3..

HAHA yeah this made me lol

But this was expected form some of the people around the net

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

masschamber said:
leo-j said:
The ps4 will be leaps and bounds ahead of this generation, sony doesn't do that, VITA is an example of that, everyone expected vita to be barely more powerful than psp, and more gimmicky than any other device they've released to compete with 3DS, well guess what, it's almost as powerful as the PS3...... and it's being sold for a profit

hmm, the vita isn't anywhere near the ps3, and is made of off the shelf parts, it is hardware wise nearly identical to the ipad 2, just doubled core counts, with nice cheap ram, only thing that is special is the screen.  Geometry wise it is somewhere  current games are between the gc and xbox,  scenes in Uncharted are "only" as complex as scenes in a game like Resident Evil 4, where as uncharted ps3 scenes where about 5 times are complex, Uncharted 2 they're in the 8 times as complex range.
The vita isn't anywhere near the twins, frankly the vita points to sony doing something really off the shelf this time

sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nnRI60Gq0

would love to see an XBOX game that looks like that.....

mM
masschamber said:
leo-j said:
The ps4 will be leaps and bounds ahead of this generation, sony doesn't do that, VITA is an example of that, everyone expected vita to be barely more powerful than psp, and more gimmicky than any other device they've released to compete with 3DS, well guess what, it's almost as powerful as the PS3...... and it's being sold for a profit

hmm, the vita isn't anywhere near the ps3, and is made of off the shelf parts, it is hardware wise nearly identical to the ipad 2, just doubled core counts, with nice cheap ram, only thing that is special is the screen.  Geometry wise it is somewhere  current games are between the gc and xbox,  scenes in Uncharted are "only" as complex as scenes in a game like Resident Evil 4, where as uncharted ps3 scenes where about 5 times are complex, Uncharted 2 they're in the 8 times as complex range.
The vita isn't anywhere near the twins, frankly the vita points to sony doing something really off the shelf this time

You must have been playing a PSP if you think Vitas graphics are Xbox-GC level. Have you even played Uncharted Golden Abyss or WipEout 2048? Uncharted GA looks almost as good as Uncharted 1 wich was a launch game. Years from now on Vita games will look better than PS3 launch games for sure.

Roma said:
zero129 said:
VGKing said:
"but so far it has been on par with the current generation.'"

LOL! Fake.

I find it amazing your so fast to call this fake, yet you always say how them "No name" devs are right that the Wii U will be less powerful then the 360/PS3..

HAHA yeah this made me lol

But this was expected form some of the people around the net

are we ignoring the ps3 vs wii in hardware and even 3ds vs Vita in hardware