By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Specs "leaked" by fudzilla

Superman4 said:
For some reason I highly doubt the systems will come with only 1GB of Ram. I would say 2GB will be the magic number.

thats only for the Radeon 7670 at the very least there is anothe 1gb for the apu

also to note wich i havent seen on here is that AMD A8-3850 APU has its own gpu built in which i believe is the Radeon HD 6550 hence the word apu and not cpu so the ps4 will have 2 gpus

Around the Network

I never understood why consoles got away with so little RAM. My 10 year old PC has a 2.8 GHz processor (single core, big difference), but 2 GBs of RAM. My Laptop has 4GBs of DDR3 RAM, heck my cell phone has 512MB.

How does a console get away with so little? It's a cheap upgrade. Maybe it's because the RAM is dedicated, it's faster?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

I never understood why consoles got away with so little RAM. My 10 year old PC has a 2.8 GHz processor (single core, big difference), but 2 GBs of RAM. My Laptop has 4GBs of DDR3 RAM, heck my cell phone has 512MB.

How does a console get away with so little? It's a cheap upgrade. Maybe it's because the RAM is dedicated, it's faster?

A few posts up will explain it for you

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

VGKing said:
superchunk said:
VGKing said:
lol some Nintendo fans in this thread....

Deny reasonable rumors.
Accept ridiculous ones.

You do realize the only thing ridiculous in this thread is your admonishment of it due to a single word 'par'.

Its being used here in the same sense as it was used for the Wii U. Just that the games/ports being tested and used so far run 'on par' with the consoles they were actually created for. It in now way is limiting or demeaning to the overall potential of said device.

Facts are obvious that all these new systems are many times more powerful than PS360. Just look at my comparison thread and relate that to what's in the PS360. Its not even close.

The rumors in this thread on PS4 have been matching what's already been out and they are very reasonable based on expected cost and current tech.

The Wii U controller will also be powered by the console though. So I'd imagine powering both an HDTV and a tablet will be very taxing on the Wii U. Any increase of power over current-gen will probably be negated. Again, this is just my hypothesis. Feel free to disagree.

To the annoyoing stalker, shut it.

The Wii U controller will have its own tiny CPU/GPU SOC. All the Wii U main system will do is transmit a signal.. the crunching will be in the tablet. It only needs to do a 480p output.... you're really giving it too much. I don't think a tablet will be a huge drain on the device.

Roma said:
Michael-5 said:

Where?

and good hypothesis VGKing, I agree with you. I think the Wii U will be the equivalent of the Wii compared to GCN and XB. It will look better, but not by much, and it will depend on how the developer uses the system (e.g. XenoBlade looks amazing, but Fire Emblem looks old).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Roma said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:
VGKing said:

Deny reasonable rumors.
Accept ridiculous ones.

You do realize the only thing ridiculous in this thread is your admonishment of it due to a single word 'par'.

Its being used here in the same sense as it was used for the Wii U. Just that the games/ports being tested and used so far run 'on par' with the consoles they were actually created for. It in now way is limiting or demeaning to the overall potential of said device.

Facts are obvious that all these new systems are many times more powerful than PS360. Just look at my comparison thread and relate that to what's in the PS360. Its not even close.

The rumors in this thread on PS4 have been matching what's already been out and they are very reasonable based on expected cost and current tech.

The Wii U controller will also be powered by the console though. So I'd imagine powering both an HDTV and a tablet will be very taxing on the Wii U. Any increase of power over current-gen will probably be negated. Again, this is just my hypothesis. Feel free to disagree.

That all depends on how devs use it

As for the “shut it” there is no need for that kind of stuff in here. This is just a discussion so let’s keep it peaceful, ok?   

Oh, yes. Please tell that to your friends.

superchunk said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:
VGKing said:

Deny reasonable rumors.
Accept ridiculous ones.

The Wii U controller will have its own tiny CPU/GPU SOC. All the Wii U main system will do is transmit a signal.. the crunching will be in the tablet. It only needs to do a 480p output.... you're really giving it too much. I don't think a tablet will be a huge drain on the device.

Really? I heard the opposite. I heard its just receives the NFC signals. It can't render games by itself.

Michael-5 said:
Roma said:
Michael-5 said:

Where?

and good hypothesis VGKing, I agree with you. I think the Wii U will be the equivalent of the Wii compared to GCN and XB. It will look better, but not by much, and it will depend on how the developer uses the system (e.g. XenoBlade looks amazing, but Fire Emblem looks old).

lol must have read it in another thread

anyway consoles get away with less ram due to the fact that they don’t run an OS in the background while they are running games also devs put in more work in their codes to get what they want out of the system.

I mean looking at the PS360 and you see how much they can do with so little ram compared to PC’s

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Michael-5 said:
Roma said:
Michael-5 said:

Where?

lol must have read it in another thread

anyway consoles get away with less ram due to the fact that they don’t run an OS in the background while they are running games also devs put in more work in their codes to get what they want out of the system.

I mean looking at the PS360 and you see how much they can do with so little ram compared to PC’s

Looks like I have someone else to add to my ignore list.
How about you stop obsessing about me? You and Zero. I know I'm beautiful but get over it! I'm taken.

superchunk said:

I don't think they are going to do that, maybe they will put some RAM in it so you can store mini-games, books, or small stuff in there when you are out of the reach of the console (like the example of two person GO in the E3 video), but adding a CPU and a GPU will be too expensive