By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - The King and Queen of Pop

MontanaHatchet said:
superchunk said:
Michael Jackson... clearly. No one before or after is even close.

Queen is a bit more arguable. Madonna is certainly there, however, Lady Gaga is certainly pushing for a take over.

Well when Lady Gaga sells 300 million albums then that'll be a safe claim. Just another 200+ million to go!

Lady Gaga has only sold 20 million albums, and her popularity is declining rapidly.. She has no chance!

Anyway, king of pop is MJ, queen of pop is Britney Spears... IMO.

Around the Network

Who knows, maybe Annie Winehouse could had dethrone Madonna, but lady gaga... no... just no.

The Queen of ridiculous, maybe, but Sarah Palin and Paris Hilton are strong competitors.

Michael Jackson, Britney Spears

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Michael Jackson and Madonna. I personally don't care for Lady Gaga's music at all.

Michael Jackson is mostly a fact than an opinion

now the Queen can be discussed, although i think it's Madonna

Celine Dion is also big, but not a Queen i think, today artists like Gaga still have long way to go

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

The King of Pop is Michael Jackson.
The Queen of Pop is Madonna.

My personal Goddess of Pop is Celine Dion.

I also don't get why anyone would list Lady Gaga or Britney Spears as the queen. No offense to those who would think so, to each their own.

The king of pop is Micheal Jackson

The Queen of pop is Elton John

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. There isn't a Queen of Pop - no female singer has stood far enough above the crowd. (Only in pop that is of course, jazz, rock and soul have had majestic female singers)

leatherhat said:

Hahaha! Awesome...

leatherhat said:

lol So true!

He's called himself a Queen many times.