By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - The King and Queen of Pop

Mariah is the Greatest - all of those accolades you mention and more allow her too stand head and shoulders above the rest. Many diss and mock her now, but I really think she won't be fully appreciated for a long time. Many of the greats in history aren't celebrated fully until their deaths. I hope the same won't be the case for Mariah; she's my biggest inspiration and one heck of a woman. I really love the MC love =]

Around the Network

Michael Jackson = King of Pop

Madonna = Queen of Pop

Shakira = Latin Queen of Pop/Rock

Ghutto said:
Michael Jackson = King of Pop

Madonna = Queen of Pop

Shakira = Latin Queen of Pop/Rock

Shakira has a long ways to go before she can get that title, but at this rate she will definately take the crown someday and I'm okay with that.

Celia Cruz is the Queen of Latin Pop and Latin music in general.

Gloria Estefan also comes to mind (who is miles more talented than Madonna but was obviously too ethnic for America's taste like every other Latin Artist).

La Lupe was the Latin Music into mainstream pianeer but she died young.

I know Shakira since 1996, in her first international appearance in Brazil. There is no Latin artist like her, known in the 4 corners of the globe. Not only in Americas and Europe. Neither Gloria Stefan, has the same worldwide recognition.

Ghutto said:
I know Shakira since 1996, in her first international appearance in Brazil. There is no Latin artist like her, known in the 4 corners of the globe. Not only in Americas and Europe. Neither Gloria Stefan, has the same worldwide recognition.

Julio Iglesias is the most known and successful Latin Artist of all time. 

Gloria Estefan has multiple albums released in the 90s that all went platinum multiple times. One of them 16 times. Obviously the digital age started when Shakira became famous so her breakout album could have done better but no one is disqualifying MJ and Madonna now are they? We shouldn't measure success in sales only, which is why I stay with my choice that Celia Cruz still holds the title.