By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 31st March

WebMasterFlex said:
Barozi said:
haha Mass Effect on 360 outselling Mass Effect 3 on PS3 this week in the US ?
funny stuff.

What's so funny, Mass Effect on PS3 isn't as popular as it is on 360.

Even 2011's Uncharted 3 is selling better this week on Europe on PS3.

read again.
Mass Effect 1 is outselling Mass Effect 3 on PS3 this week

Around the Network

Well the vita will have a hard month in april - simply nothing release than Ciel nur surge in Japan in the end of april.

It will get a small boost in late mai and june when Resistance, Gravity Rush and Little big Planet release.

But it will drop like a stone in the next few weeks.

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
All a bit meh apart from 3DS

It's more like this. People are blinded by everything doing bad, so they think that the 3DS numbers are good. It's selling at a horrible pace outside of Japan.

i would think horrible is a bit of an overstatement.  yes the rest of the pack's poor performance make the 3DS look better than it really is but being on the happy side of 200k is definently respectable outside the holiday period.

No, it really isn't when 120k units of those sales come from Japan. The minimum target for the 3DS has to be 300k worldwide in a week with no big releases. Anything below that is evidence that Nintendo is doing something wrong.

300k weekly is 15.6M a year which assumes no holiday boost to boot.  if your minimum is better than best ever than your expectations are set too high.  even with vita floundering and probably existing the field mid-gen the smartphones are competing too.  i know smartphones don't compete head to head with dedicated devices but they do play games and especially in the over 30/brain age type audience smartphone games are more than enough.

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
RolStoppable said:

No, it really isn't when 120k units of those sales come from Japan. The minimum target for the 3DS has to be 300k worldwide in a week with no big releases. Anything below that is evidence that Nintendo is doing something wrong.

300k weekly is 15.6M a year which assumes no holiday boost to boot.  if your minimum is better than best ever than your expectations are set too high.  even with vita floundering and probably existing the field mid-gen the smartphones are competing too.  i know smartphones don't compete head to head with dedicated devices but they do play games and especially in the over 30/brain age type audience smartphone games are more than enough.

How is my minimum better than best ever? Are you refering to the 3DS's first year? If yes, why?

300k weekly with no big releases and outside the holidays would have the 3DS tracking well above the DS, the best selling console ever (bar ps2 which it is basically tied with).   If your minimum expectation for good sales is above the that than i think your expectations are too high.

even with sales highly skewed to japan, if the 3DS can say about 200k all year i'd say that is pretty darn sucessful.

Has the Vita settled yet or is it still dropping week by week globally?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
RolStoppable said:

How is my minimum better than best ever? Are you refering to the 3DS's first year? If yes, why?

300k weekly with no big releases and outside the holidays would have the 3DS tracking well above the DS, the best selling console ever (bar ps2 which it is basically tied with).   If your minimum expectation for good sales is above the that than i think your expectations are too high.

even with sales highly skewed to japan, if the 3DS can say about 200k all year i'd say that is pretty darn sucessful.

200k * 39 (weeks) = 7.8m; holiday quarter being equal to other nine months of the year > 7.8m * 2 = 15.6m.

300k * 39 = 11.7m; 11.7m * 2 = 23.4m.

The DS used to push about 30m units for three years in a row, so logically its weekly baseline was close to 400k units.

*reviews vgchartz numbers*

okay, i guess i had it in my head DS was around 25M not 30M which is why I was thinking the 300k was basically as good at DS at its best.   also holy crap at the 2010 to 2011 drop.  -57% is huge.

RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:
Has the Vita settled yet or is it still dropping week by week globally?

A 6k units drop this week, so that's as good as stabilized. The majority of weeks going forward should fall within the 60-80k units range, I don't think it's going to drop any lower than that.

Im just surprised even Europe stopped buying it as much

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

tag

all but 3DS are insulting to the eyes. it burns!!!

posting for tracking purposes

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~