By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 31st March

Everything is either meh or miserable apart from the 3DS in Japan. Even the 3DS isn't doing that great though. Looks like the wave of software in February and March couldn't boost sales outside of Japan.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Salnax said:
Everything is either meh or miserable apart from the 3DS in Japan. Even the 3DS isn't doing that great though. Looks like the wave of software in February and March couldn't boost sales outside of Japan.

Well what did America and Europe actually get on the 3DS these past two weeks? MGS and Kid Icarus, which everyone was on the fence with and MGS was a port of an old PS2 game. Was there anything else? Nintendo has to stop giving Japan all the good stuff. Should never have taken this long to get Xenoblade and The Last Story. The same goes for all the other titles that Japan is getting and we have to wait for.

I was hoping that games like Resident Evil, Tales, Tekken, and Mario & Sonic would give the 3DS something of a permanent boost. In retrospect, the 3DS hasn't really had that sort of boost in Japan. You're right, they just keep on getting cool new things.

Love and tolerate.

I personally think that 3DS sales will remain low outside of Japan through the Spring. All it's really getting is Mario Tennis. Here's hoping Luigi's Mansion 2, or better yet, Animal Crossing 3D comes during the summer..

Love and tolerate.

RolStoppable said:
Salnax said:
spurgeonryan said:

Well what did America and Europe actually get on the 3DS these past two weeks? MGS and Kid Icarus, which everyone was on the fence with and MGS was a port of an old PS2 game. Was there anything else? Nintendo has to stop giving Japan all the good stuff. Should never have taken this long to get Xenoblade and The Last Story. The same goes for all the other titles that Japan is getting and we have to wait for.

I was hoping that games like Resident Evil, Tales, Tekken, and Mario & Sonic would give the 3DS something of a permanent boost. In retrospect, the 3DS hasn't really had that sort of boost in Japan. You're right, they just keep on getting cool new things.

The 3DS needs a REAL Mario game as a catalyst for hardware and software sales. It takes a killer app to spark excitement and this leads to more sales of everything.

The track record of Super Mario Bros. is incredible. It sells to both genders, all ages, in all regions. This is the kind of game that every video game publisher wants to have, it has truly universal appeal. But Nintendo treats it like an afterthought.

You should be thankful- if any other developer owned Mario they would already have milked it so that nobody would want to buy it anymore. Nintendo seem to limit themselves to one 2D Mario /console (sometimes less)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:
RolStoppable said:

The 3DS needs a REAL Mario game as a catalyst for hardware and software sales. It takes a killer app to spark excitement and this leads to more sales of everything.

The track record of Super Mario Bros. is incredible. It sells to both genders, all ages, in all regions. This is the kind of game that every video game publisher wants to have, it has truly universal appeal. But Nintendo treats it like an afterthought.

You should be thankful- if any other developer owned Mario they would already have milked it so that nobody would want to buy it anymore. Nintendo seem to limit themselves to one 2D Mario /console (sometimes less)

Why should I be thankful that a company that has proven that they don't milk their IPs to death doesn't make more sequels to its most popular series? Especially when it means that the company in question is ruining themselves in the process?

What you, what every Nintendo fan should be able to understand, is that Super Mario Bros. is the piece that gets the entire machine running.

I see what you mean, but Nintendo have already released a lot of their big hits on 3DS: Nintendogs, Starfox, Zelda, 3D Mario and Mario Kart - that's without mentioning important 3rd party efforts such as Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear. Nintendo only really have Pokemon and 2D Mario left to go- we don't want them playing all their major cards before the generation has even really started :o

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Salnax said:
spurgeonryan said:

Yup it's a no-brainer 

Nintendo didn't release a real mario game for the N64 or gamecube and we see bad sales for both consoles. Miyamoto I guess was bored with making real Mario games (tough sh!t). What a mistake. Mario should of been a release title for the 3DS.  Sales should pick-up when a real mario is released.

And while nintendo is at it quite with the rehashes geez

I think Nintendo realizes the importance of 2D Mario. That's why they're releasing one the 3DS's second year of life. They probably thought their other big franchises gave them a bit of breathing room though. After all, the Wii did perfectly well off of Wii Sports and Mario Kart for a full three years before NSMBWii came out. And Nintendogs and Mario Kart DS were two of the 3 biggest games on the original DS.

Love and tolerate.

Meh week. PSV very, very low, but 3DS managed to drop even lower before price cut.
3DS is huge in Japan, but not so big WW, if we consider that 3DS+DS is smaller than DS alone used to be, even in the dead season, before Ninty started killing it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
Those are abysmal UK numbers... The market here really that bad?

All the hullabaloo with GAME meant that people (including myself) snapped up a load of pre-owned games and consoles, which don't appear here.

With less stores now, the situation can only get worse.

UK numbers are always very low though. 

sales2099 said:
Has the Vita settled yet or is it still dropping week by week globally?

Look for yourself or read the comments in the first few pages.