By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 31st March

Barozi said:
haha Mass Effect on 360 outselling Mass Effect 3 on PS3 this week in the US ?
funny stuff.

What's so funny, Mass Effect on PS3 isn't as popular as it is on 360.

Even 2011's Uncharted 3 is selling better this week on Europe on PS3.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Those are abysmal UK numbers... The market here really that bad?

All the hullabaloo with GAME meant that people (including myself) snapped up a load of pre-owned games and consoles, which don't appear here.

With less stores now, the situation can only get worse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PS3 over 40k more than 360...

For some reason i dont believe PS3 has that much of a lead of the 360 in other regions besides the main ones.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

KillerMan said:
Panama said:
Japan is really going gaga over the 3DS. I don't remember the GBA and DS being this popular 1 year into their launch. I could be wrong though.

DS sold 8.5 million in Japan during 2006. That averages 163k per week so even though 3DS is selling great in Japan it won't match DS figures.

2006 was the DS' 2nd year. We won't know until the end of this year if the 3DS can match those figures. Could have sworn the 3DS had much stronger first year figures than the DS. Granted the DS Lite did come out in 2006, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Panama said:
KillerMan said:
Panama said:
Japan is really going gaga over the 3DS. I don't remember the GBA and DS being this popular 1 year into their launch. I could be wrong though.

DS sold 8.5 million in Japan during 2006. That averages 163k per week so even though 3DS is selling great in Japan it won't match DS figures.

2006 was the DS' 2nd year. We won't know until the end of this year if the 3DS can match those figures. Could have sworn the 3DS had much stronger first year figures than the DS. Granted the DS Lite did come out in 2006, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

the 3ds could not pass the sales of the ds without the price cut.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Panama said:
KillerMan said:
Panama said:

Well it's second year for 3DS too. 3DS had little better first year than DS but after 2005 Christmas DS continued to sell like crazy whereas 3DS has dropped back to  the more normal figures. 3DS won't match DS pace. During the same week as this in 2006 DS sold 211k without any new releases....

RolStoppable said:
KillerMan said:
Panama said:

Well it's second year for 3DS too. 3DS had little better first year than DS but after 2005 Christmas DS continued to sell like crazy whereas 3DS has dropped back to  the more normal figures. 3DS won't match DS pace. During the same week as this in 2006 DS sold 211k without any new releases....

I assume that the DS sales you speak of were similarly Japan-centric as the 3DS sales are right now. The DS picked up momentum in Japan first and at this point it was also the only region that had the DS Lite.

Well that's true. I just think that even in Japan mobile gaming has taken ''Brain Training'' audience from handhelds so matching DS numbers is pretty much impossible. 3DS will sell really well but not ''DS'' well.

oh vita, so doomed.

Vita needs software. I'm hoping Sony has something juicy planned. The handheld is amazing.

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
All a bit meh apart from 3DS

It's more like this. People are blinded by everything doing bad, so they think that the 3DS numbers are good. It's selling at a horrible pace outside of Japan.

i would think horrible is a bit of an overstatement.  yes the rest of the pack's poor performance make the 3DS look better than it really is but being on the happy side of 200k is definently respectable outside the holiday period.