By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 'Extended Cut' DLC free this summer, offers 'further clarity to the ending'

Tagged games:

I'm hoping the best. Come on Bioware, redeem yourself.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

EA this morning announced Mass Effect 3's "Extended Cut" DLC, which adds to the game's ending and will arrive for free at some point this summer. According to the publisher, the content will add "additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes," which will apparently offer fans "further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3" and "deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes."

The additional content comes as a response to a group of fans who felt the third game ended in an unsatisfactory manner. That outcry apparently had a serious effect at BioWare internally, as project lead Casey Hudson says the team has, "reprioritized [its] post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."

No specific information is given about what said content will be, but we sure hope it means we won't see other DLC packs delayed or scrapped as a result. Studio co-founder Ray Muzyka notes,"With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc."

Extended Cut will arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC "this summer."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-dlc-free-this-summer-offers-furth/

By team, do you mean the two people who wrote the ending and refused to listen the the rest of the dev team after they repeatedly told them the ending wasn't good?  (Note I havn't beat the game yet to see said ending so I've no idea if it's good or not.)

Oh man, how epic would it be if the ENTIRE Mass Effect trilogy was just a bad dream the Jar Jar Binks was having in the night before his mega-important dance off against the Illusive Man for the fate of the Galaxy? If this DLC lets me take my Shuffling skills to the Reapers, look out, best ending ever.

Hey look at that, bitching does pay off. More power to the bitching people.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Hey look at that, bitching does pay off. More power to the bitching people.

And that, kids, is what the rulers of Europe thought of the french revolution back then.

Around the Network

They don't need to change it in my opinion. However I would gladly welcome more extension on it.

GameBoss01 said:
Wagram said:
It....is NOT.....indoctrination. Jesus, Hallucination people. Let's get it correct.

If you look up Indoctrination on the Codex, Shepard had all of those symptoms, an dthe end that "hallucination" was the final thing that would determine if he fell under their control. According to the theory *SPOILER* the red choice is the right choice, the green choice is what Saren wanted, and the blue choice is what the Illusive Man wanted. GREEN =  Shepard Husk, BLUE = Indoctrination and RED = Escape *SPOILER*

I just want them to apply it but not leave it like that, and here's hoping that DLC comes with more gameplay. That cut off boss fight with the Illusive Man would be sweet!

I really like the sound of indoctrination theory, it makes the ending a lot better! (though I not sure about a boss fight with TIM, I don't think it would work)

And this sounds good, the ending was very flawed, quite a lot of it makes no sense

Here's a great article by naznatips on the subject:

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/88915/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-ending-ends-fan-hopes-for-real-resolution/

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The end of ME3 is probably my biggest disappointment this gen. Even worse than Too Human. At least I had no expectations of that.

Do we really need a new thread to discuss this. Can´t this just be posted in the "Official Mass Effect Thread"