By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 'Extended Cut' DLC free this summer, offers 'further clarity to the ending'

Tagged games:

AndrewWK said:
thismeintiel said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:
Bad move. This opens the doors for future titles to ship unfinished with endings being patched in via DLC.
Knowing EA, they'd probably do the same thing later on but make you pay for it.

This post makes totally sense. This was only such big deal because Mass Effect was a very story driven franchise. There are planty other examples of bad endings even worse then Mass Effect but nobody really cared. The best example I know of is God of War 3, I mean that end was terrible but I didn´t care because I haven´t played God for War for its story but for its Gameplay.

Bioware shows with this move that they really care about their fans, and really listen to them, like they allways did.

Not really.  It shows they are only going to address obvious  plot holes in the ending, really only a minor gripe from fans, but stick to the same ending in general, which was the major gripe from fans.  If they truly listened and cared, they would have adopted the indoctrination theory.  I guess they're upset they didn't come up with something that clever. 

On a personal note, when Mass Effect 3 was released I was planning on picking up 2 and 3 on the PS3 (maybe the first on PC).  When I heard about this whole debacle, I decided it wasn't worth my money and time to play these games, where choice was touted as a major feature, if my choices made no difference in the end.  Then I heard about the indoctrination theory and thought it was very clever and would be complete genious if that was what they had intended all along.  I decided I wouldn't write off a purchase just yet and wait to see what Bioware did.  Now that I know what they are doing, I have decided I won't purchase either game.

Really? Just because of the ending?

This is a big misstake, the ending is just 15 damn minutes the rest of the game is still awesome. And espacially the 2nd one i totally worth purchasing it you can buy it for lee then 15 pounds in UK and for 20 Europe in germany and I payed 2,99$ for the first one. You do wahtever you wan´t but right there no realy good new games, and Mass Effect 1 is much better then the new releases of march and april.

When you have been playing Mass Effect for half a decade and you get a shit ending. It kills the reason for playing the game. Bioware basically rickrolled it's fan base. This isn't Gears of War. Mass Effect was about the story and when the ending ruins that story what's the point. I'll reserve judgemnt on Extended Cut until I play through it. It sounds like they are keeping the same three endings and frankly it will take a lot of work for those things to be a  worthy conclusion to th series. I hope they can pull it off. If not, no more Bioware games for me.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
thismeintiel said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:
Bad move. This opens the doors for future titles to ship unfinished with endings being patched in via DLC.

This post makes totally sense. This was only such big deal because Mass Effect was a very story driven franchise. There are planty other examples of bad endings even worse then Mass Effect but nobody really cared. The best example I know of is God of War 3, I mean that end was terrible but I didn´t care because I haven´t played God for War for its story but for its Gameplay.

Bioware shows with this move that they really care about their fans, and really listen to them, like they allways did.

Not really.  It shows they are only going to address obvious  plot holes in the ending, really only a minor gripe from fans, but stick to the same ending in general, which was the major gripe from fans.  If they truly listened and cared, they would have adopted the indoctrination theory.  I guess they're upset they didn't come up with something that clever. 

On a personal note, when Mass Effect 3 was released I was planning on picking up 2 and 3 on the PS3 (maybe the first on PC).  When I heard about this whole debacle, I decided it wasn't worth my money and time to play these games, where choice was touted as a major feature, if my choices made no difference in the end.  Then I heard about the indoctrination theory and thought it was very clever and would be complete genious if that was what they had intended all along.  I decided I wouldn't write off a purchase just yet and wait to see what Bioware did.  Now that I know what they are doing, I have decided I won't purchase either game.

This is a big misstake, the ending is just 15 damn minutes the rest of the game is still awesome. And espacially the 2nd one i totally worth purchasing it you can buy it for lee then 15 pounds in UK and for 20 Europe in germany and I payed 2,99$ for the first one. You do wahtever you wan´t but right there no realy good new games, and Mass Effect 1 is much better then the new releases of march and april.

When you have been playing Mass Effect for half a decade and you get a shit ending. It kills the reason for playing the game. Bioware basically rickrolled it's fan base. This isn't Gears of War. Mass Effect was about the story and when the ending ruins that story what's the point. I'll reserve judgemnt on Extended Cut until I play through it. It sounds like they are keeping the same three endings and frankly it will take a lot of work for those things to be a  worthy conclusion to th series. I hope they can pull it off. If not, no more Bioware games for me.

Altough the ending of the last one is crap, the rest of the 3 ain´t. And I would never decide not to play the games just because of the last 15 minutes.

The ending to the second game wasn't exactly good either, at least according to a lot of fans before. I only liked the ending to the first game (especially the badass ending ost.).

Eitherway our outcry has been heard and I'm sure this is why It's free. I bet they were planning on having people pay for the DLC prior to the internet blowing up over the ending.

It's just that simple.

AndrewWK said:
Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
thismeintiel said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:

Altough the ending of the last one is crap, the rest of the 3 ain´t. And I would never decide not to play the games just because of the last 15 minutes.

It's a trilogy. The ending to the last game is the ending and based on what we've gotten so far. I wish I would have never played Mass Effect. It's like eating a really good cake and finding something less than desirable in the last bite. Ruins the whole cake, makes you wish you hadn't eaten any of it.

Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
thismeintiel said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:

It's a trilogy. The ending to the last game is the ending and based on what we've gotten so far. I wish I would have never played Mass Effect. It's like eating a really good cake and finding something less than desirable in the last bite. Ruins the whole cake, makes you wish you hadn't eaten any of it.

Putting sugar on a pile of shit does not make it a tasty pile of shit. This does not address why us Retake people are pissed off at EA. I mean, if a parody fan comic (marauder shields) has a better ending than what the "canon" trilogy ending, something went horribly wrong. Like you said, it killed the series for me. I am going to play the DLC anyway though, hopefully it fills the many egregious plot holes. It probably won't.. But I am too invested in the series to not give it a try.

Did you find it funny when bioware said "We didn't know the fans wanted that" when asked about why there were more questions raised than answered by the endings?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
The ending to the second game wasn't exactly good either, at least according to a lot of fans before. I only liked the ending to the first game (especially the badass ending ost.).

Eitherway our outcry has been heard and I'm sure this is why It's free. I bet they were planning on having people pay for the DLC prior to the internet blowing up over the ending.

The ending to the second wasn't as epic as the first game, but it was still well regarded after the furor went over. I do not think that the endings to the third game will be well regarded. Ever. Well, maybe by 10% of the fanbase, but that would be it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
Darc Requiem said:
AndrewWK said:
thismeintiel said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:

Putting sugar on a pile of shit does not make it a tasty pile of shit. This does not address why us Retake people are pissed off at EA. I mean, if a parody fan comic (marauder shields) has a better ending than what the "canon" trilogy ending, something went horribly wrong. Like you said, it killed the series for me. I am going to play the DLC anyway though, hopefully it fills the many egregious plot holes. It probably won't.. But I am too invested in the series to not give it a try.

Did you find it funny when bioware said "We didn't know the fans wanted that" when asked about why there were more questions raised than answered by the endings?

Why would I find it funny? It pissed me off because they were lying. The pre-release comments, from Bioware, about the ending showed they knew exactly what the fans wanted.  Just like it pissed me off when they responded to the Tali's face reveal outrage. Don't put shit on a plate and tell me its steak. The answers they gave insulted my intelligence.

Alleluiah! Looking forward to this

If it's free, I'm happy.

well atleast now it seems we will get(excuse my language) a ending that's just a turd instead of that huge pile of shit ending we got.

Seriously how the hell can they f**k up a great 3 games series with exellent story with that ending ?? to me it seems they put in more effort into one minor "codex" then they did the ending

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints