By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is going into this NEXT GEN of gaming open minded?

miz1q2w3e said:
The next Nintendo console is a sure buy for me, no way around it, I just love the franchises. It'll be my only console if it manages to get enough multiplats to hold me over between Nintendo games.

If it gets little multiplat support, then one of other two will do. That's when it's a bit more open for me, I'll get whichever one "wows" me.

yup this is how I feel as well

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I won't get a next gen probibly into 2013, 2014.
Because i just got a 3DS and PS3 last year, hoping to grab a PSVITA this year, so i wont be able to afford a Wii u or PS4 (The consoles im aiming to get) untill there first price drop.

o_O.Q said:
Mnementh said:
SunofKratos said:
Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

I hate Mario. OK, that an exaggeration. I do not like Jump&Runs, so I also dislike Mario. But I buy Nintendo-consoles, because they have Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero (hopefully on the Wii-U), Fire Emblem and Smash Brothers. So please don't reduce Nintendo-game-lovers to Mario-fans.

Sony has to offer God of War and Uncharted, maybe Resistance might be good. All other ... meh. The three mentioned will be first games I want, if I buy a Sony-console. As the Vita offers only Drake at the moment, I have no urge to own this.

Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting.They clearly have to create more appealing game-franchises.

Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity. That's why I'm pretty sure that I will get the Wii-U at some future time.

i find it pretty funny that you jump on the guy for his comment then come back and post this "Microsoft only has Halo"

"Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity" really? well excuse me for not seeing it my good man 

nintendo has no racing sims, no tps games like uncharted or gears which i enjoy, etc

and while i do enjoy some nintendo franchises like mario kart, smash bros etc i can find comparable games on other consoles that in some cases i enjoy even more like how i enjoy modnation more than mario kart

in fact i can't really think of a genre that nintendo does that can't be found on other consoles but i can for the hd consoles in relation to nintendo so i don't really get your diversity argument

it all ultimately comes down to personal preference 

You missed a part of the sentence:Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting. I might not know about other series, or I might be not interested that much (like Forza).

You say Nintendo don't has a Racer-Reality-Sim like Forza or Gran Tourismo. That might be true (there are rumors about a new game, but at the moment they don't have), but Nintendo has Mario Kart, that is a good Multiplayer-Fun-Racer  and F-Zero (that really needs a new game). Also you say Nintendo misses a shooter like Uncharted or Gears. I don't know both, but do you know Metroid-Prime? It is a good shooter with riddles to solve.

So, what I say is not, that Nintendo  covers everything first-party. But I say they cover more areas with first-party-titles, than Sony and Microsoft do. Surely, that's mostly because Nintendo is longer in videogaming than the two competitors. Also Nintendo started many series in-house, at the time they were abandoned by third-party (N64 and Gamecube). Sony and MS will surely over time develop more game-franchises and buy into developer-studios. But at the moment Nintendo has the advantage in first-party games. That all levels out a bit with third-party. Look, can you really name that much game-franchises for the other two, that I can for Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Pikmin, F-Zero, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus. I surely forgot some.

I think every console has some experiences, that are unique. I think about Flower or The Gunstringer for instance. But NIntendo has to offer usually more of this. That doesn't mean that the other consoles are not interesting, they may be useful alone for third-party or multiplats in HD. But it means I will buy sometimes a Wii-U, if Nintendo publishes at least some of the games I'm interested in on it. And as they have to offer more, that's much more likely. But I will probably buy a second console next generation, but here I'm open to the one, that has to offer the better experience for me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

If anything, witnessing the atrocities of every brand makes me want to go pc but I am too stupid to build a good pc.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Let me summarize my VGC observations:
- Quite a few members have no interest in handheld gaming.
- Some members outright hate a specific company (it seems it's always the most feared company which gets the most hate, so atm Apple holds the biggest VGC marketshare in this section).
- Many members worship a specific hardware manufacturer (on VGC it's mostly either Nintendo or Sony).
- Most members don't have have any interest in current PC gaming or any knowledge about PC gaming history (e.g. "Roller Coster Tycoon" was named as MicroProse's "main game" in the current "Top Game Developer" thread - makes me shiver, and I don't even mean the misspelling of the game title).
- Almost all members deny that smartphones/tablet PCs have or could have "real" games.

Open minded gamers? Oxymoron.

Around the Network

I'll buy machine which:

- offers best visuals
- has most core games that cannot be played on pc
- doesn't have any kind of anti-used market protection

So far I'm very very dissapointed with the rumors about next gen hardware and will consider staying with PC+Vita only.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Mnementh said:
o_O.Q said:
Mnementh said:
SunofKratos said:
Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

I hate Mario. OK, that an exaggeration. I do not like Jump&Runs, so I also dislike Mario. But I buy Nintendo-consoles, because they have Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero (hopefully on the Wii-U), Fire Emblem and Smash Brothers. So please don't reduce Nintendo-game-lovers to Mario-fans.

Sony has to offer God of War and Uncharted, maybe Resistance might be good. All other ... meh. The three mentioned will be first games I want, if I buy a Sony-console. As the Vita offers only Drake at the moment, I have no urge to own this.

Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting.They clearly have to create more appealing game-franchises.

Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity. That's why I'm pretty sure that I will get the Wii-U at some future time.

i find it pretty funny that you jump on the guy for his comment then come back and post this "Microsoft only has Halo"

"Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity" really? well excuse me for not seeing it my good man 

nintendo has no racing sims, no tps games like uncharted or gears which i enjoy, etc

and while i do enjoy some nintendo franchises like mario kart, smash bros etc i can find comparable games on other consoles that in some cases i enjoy even more like how i enjoy modnation more than mario kart

in fact i can't really think of a genre that nintendo does that can't be found on other consoles but i can for the hd consoles in relation to nintendo so i don't really get your diversity argument

it all ultimately comes down to personal preference 

You missed a part of the sentence:Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting. I might not know about other series, or I might be not interested that much (like Forza).

You say Nintendo don't has a Racer-Reality-Sim like Forza or Gran Tourismo. That might be true (there are rumors about a new game, but at the moment they don't have), but Nintendo has Mario Kart, that is a good Multiplayer-Fun-Racer  and F-Zero (that really needs a new game). Also you say Nintendo misses a shooter like Uncharted or Gears. I don't know both, but do you know Metroid-Prime? It is a good shooter with riddles to solve.

So, what I say is not, that Nintendo  covers everything first-party. But I say they cover more areas with first-party-titles, than Sony and Microsoft do. Surely, that's mostly because Nintendo is longer in videogaming than the two competitors. Also Nintendo started many series in-house, at the time they were abandoned by third-party (N64 and Gamecube). Sony and MS will surely over time develop more game-franchises and buy into developer-studios. But at the moment Nintendo has the advantage in first-party games. That all levels out a bit with third-party. Look, can you really name that much game-franchises for the other two, that I can for Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Pikmin, F-Zero, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus. I surely forgot some.

I think every console has some experiences, that are unique. I think about Flower or The Gunstringer for instance. But NIntendo has to offer usually more of this. That doesn't mean that the other consoles are not interesting, they may be useful alone for third-party or multiplats in HD. But it means I will buy sometimes a Wii-U, if Nintendo publishes at least some of the games I'm interested in on it. And as they have to offer more, that's much more likely. But I will probably buy a second console next generation, but here I'm open to the one, that has to offer the better experience for me.

"I say they cover more areas with first-party-titles"

and i'm saying thats pretty much not true at all and if you knew more about the libraries for the other consoles you probably wouldn't have made a statment like that

"Look, can you really name that much game-franchises for the other two, that I can for Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Pikmin, F-Zero, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus."

some microsoft franchises : pgr, forza, fable, halo, crackdown, banjo, perfect dark, conker, killer instinct etc

some sony franchises : ucharted, infamous, killzone, lbp, gran turismo, motorstrom, rachet and clank, jak and daxter, sly cooper, disgaea, siren, etc

i understand that you may not find titles outside of nintendo appealling but that doesn't apply to everyone