By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is going into this NEXT GEN of gaming open minded?

I'm semi-open minded. It's either Playstation or Xbox for me, but which one depends on their lineup of exclusives, which I can only judge once both consoles have been out for a year or two.

The WiiU is no-go for me right off the bat. Unappealing first-party IPs, gimmicky and unergonomic controller and, judging by Nintendo's GC and Wii track record, virtually no third-party support whatsoever. By the time Nintendo might have convinced me otherwise, the next gen will be almost over.

Around the Network

I really loved PS1 and PS2 was essentially a more powerful version of what I loved. Had a 64 but very few games and the controllers kind of made me look towards PS1 games to play. Received a Xbox I didn't really want, because I was skeptical over introducing a 3rd gaming console after watching Dreamcast disappear between playing a demo in a store and thinking about buying one, I loved the Genesis. Thought about getting a gamecube but ended up getting that Xbox. Played a ton of Wii and 360 with friends, but finally got my hands on a friends PS3 and loved it, so ended up with that. I have a relative commitment to the system though backwards compatibility isn't much of an issue now, but there are still exclusives and other expected features. So probably PS4. Since Wii U is taking the Wii route, I'll probably have to pass on that one, and 360 has not impressed me at all. Plenty can still change this E3. It doesn't look like I will be able to get a launch system, unless a couple things change. I still miss PC gaming, but haven't had a decent computer since this gen launched. Since I have a Vita I will probably opt for PS4 no matter what to take advantage of the compatibility.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'm probably going to be pretty close minded- I imagine the WiiU will have just as much 3rd party support as the others, so there is even less reason for me to buy a PS4/720 than ever before

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Most likely 360 successor as long as the price is right etc. I don't really like PS3 as much as I do a 360, but then again, if MS drops the ball with this - no games, even more expensive online, more expensive console etc, I won't follow blindly like a sheep.

Also, since my old high school friends are likely to buy the next xbox, I might have to pick it up regardless, as we game a lot together.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

To be dishonest, I will say I won't be. I go in open-minded usually and find out things don't end up as planned, and find out the masses on the Internet tell me I was wrong for my excitement over a new system, and it was a big mistake and doomed. So I will be dishonest and say I won't be open-minded

Around the Network
kingwandymion said:
consoles?, what consoles? people are prefering smartphones and tablets these days

3 cheers for Angry Birds and board games!  

The next Nintendo console is a sure buy for me, no way around it, I just love the franchises. It'll be my only console if it manages to get enough multiplats to hold me over between Nintendo games.

If it gets little multiplat support, then one of other two will do. That's when it's a bit more open for me, I'll get whichever one "wows" me.

I have to admit I will not go open minded into the new generation...

I will buy a PS4 soon after release, then after 1-2 buy the Wii U and then another year or so later a second PS4...

Then when I have loads and loads of money because of wining the lottery I will buy a bunch of Nextboxes, go to a place with a lot of people and then burn them (but only if MS is still losing money on every piece made), and keep one of them to play Alan Wake 3... or maybe another exclusive that is catering to my taste.

Stefl1504 said:

I will buy a PS4 soon after release, then after 1-2 buy the Wii U and then another year or so later a second PS4...

Then when I have loads and loads of money because of wining the lottery I will buy a bunch of Nextboxes, go to a place with a lot of people and then burn them (but only if MS is still losing money on every piece made), and keep one of them to play Alan Wake 3... or maybe another exclusive that is catering to my taste.

please invite me!

i'm pretty much locked to japanese systems, consoles or handhelds, but that may change if the rumors of a steambox are true

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Stefl1504 said:

please invite me!

i'm pretty much locked to japanese systems, consoles or handhelds, but that may change if the rumors of a steambox are true

In Graz there was an excentric guy that bought PS3 for people at its release who threw their 360s from a tall building, only ten or so were handed out, but everyone who got their PS3 on this way and bought a 360 just to do so was intelligent and saving money, but thats propably just a rumour^^ maybe I will do something like this^^

Steambox is a thing I am interested in, especially if it plays PC games... then I don't have to overload my Laptop/PC with games...

EDIT: Oh and I will invite you^^