By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is going into this NEXT GEN of gaming open minded?

I always do my best to get every game system I can. Of course, like everybody, I have my favourites, but to swear sole and blind allegiance to a company that doesn't give a crap about you is silly.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Mnementh said:
SunofKratos said:
Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

I hate Mario. OK, that an exaggeration. I do not like Jump&Runs, so I also dislike Mario. But I buy Nintendo-consoles, because they have Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero (hopefully on the Wii-U), Fire Emblem and Smash Brothers. So please don't reduce Nintendo-game-lovers to Mario-fans.

Sony has to offer God of War and Uncharted, maybe Resistance might be good. All other ... meh. The three mentioned will be first games I want, if I buy a Sony-console. As the Vita offers only Drake at the moment, I have no urge to own this.

Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting.They clearly have to create more appealing game-franchises.

Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity. That's why I'm pretty sure that I will get the Wii-U at some future time.

I understand what you mean. That wasnt my point. I know that nintendo has some very quality titles like Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and much more. But its not my kind of taste. I like Mario, i like Donkey Kong ( i love jump and runs) but thats all. Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin they all dont appeall to me.

On the Playstation i have Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Killzone (Killzone 3 was one of the best shooters so far), Little Big Planet,Ratchet and Clank and much more.

And when i have to think about my future purchases than  there will come Ratchet and Clank Collection, Sly Racoon 4, The Last of us, Little Big Planet Karting, Gravity Rush, little Big Planet Vita and the futrue Quantid Dream project in my mind. And dont forget The Last Guardian too. You see  i have a lot of games to looking forward. But these games appeal to me. I have no problem if anyone has other tastes like me. 

Thats on of the most important reasons why i will buy the PS4 no matter how much it will cost.

The second reason are the graphics. We are all sure that the Wii U will launch before X Box 720 and PS4. And since i am a graphic whore i would buy the console with more power. And im am pretty sure that X Box 720 and PS4 will have better graphics than the Wii U. But if someone prefer the Wii U than its OK. I have no Nintendo bias or anything against them.

I am a gamer and gaming is my favourite hobby. i like all kind of genres and if i would have enough time and enough space in my room than i would own both the Wii U ( for the Mario Games) and a PS4. But since time is my greatest problem i can only manage to own one gaming system. And thats the PS4 for me.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Well, considering that the next-gen begins whenever MicroSony release their respective consoles, I suppose I have a while to think about that question. But yes, I plan to be very open minded a couple of years or so from now.

i'm very "open minded" if it comes to consoles. i did never care which company the consoles came from, had nes, snes, n64, dreamcast, playstation, xbox, gamegear and blablub...and if we would see a console from samsung or panasonic i would be as much interested as now for the three actual consoles makers.

i was never an "i have to have every gt, gears or mario game" guy so i look from gen to gen which games and which concept i like but there was never the ONE series which is so important for me to know that i have to have this or that console next year or so.

I doubt many people are... we all will turn out buying only one console (possibly two) but only keep buying games for one.

So, no, I will not. Only Nintendo will get my money.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I doubt many people are... we all will turn out buying only one console (possibly two) but only keep buying games for one.

So, no, I will not. Only Nintendo will get my money.

not all^^ as example, if i will like all concepts i will buy all three consoles. i believe i will buy wii u if it turnes out to be what i hope and minimum one other console. if microsoft will concentrate very strong on kinect (which i'm sure will be much better than the kinect atm) and sony on graphically impressive exclusives i think i will buy all three consoles and i think i would buy games for all three because then, the games could be very different from console to console. at least the exclusives for different sytems, this gen i buy almost all multi games for 360 because i'm not a big fan of the ps controller :(

open minded? nah!

I'll stick with what worked for me so far: PC + PlayStation.

Ihave plans to get all three eventually. And a tablet too. But the order in which i get them is undecided.Right now it looks like a tablet later this year, a wiiU next year, than a xbox next, and a ps4. I never made it to ps3 this gen, and i dont think i will not enough time for gaming for me.

Mnementh said:
SunofKratos said:
Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

I hate Mario. OK, that an exaggeration. I do not like Jump&Runs, so I also dislike Mario. But I buy Nintendo-consoles, because they have Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero (hopefully on the Wii-U), Fire Emblem and Smash Brothers. So please don't reduce Nintendo-game-lovers to Mario-fans.

Sony has to offer God of War and Uncharted, maybe Resistance might be good. All other ... meh. The three mentioned will be first games I want, if I buy a Sony-console. As the Vita offers only Drake at the moment, I have no urge to own this.

Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting.They clearly have to create more appealing game-franchises.

Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity. That's why I'm pretty sure that I will get the Wii-U at some future time.

i find it pretty funny that you jump on the guy for his comment then come back and post this "Microsoft only has Halo"

"Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity" really? well excuse me for not seeing it my good man 

nintendo has no racing sims, no tps games like uncharted or gears which i enjoy, etc

and while i do enjoy some nintendo franchises like mario kart, smash bros etc i can find comparable games on other consoles that in some cases i enjoy even more like how i enjoy modnation more than mario kart

in fact i can't really think of a genre that nintendo does that can't be found on other consoles but i can for the hd consoles in relation to nintendo so i don't really get your diversity argument

it all ultimately comes down to personal preference 

To me, the next Gen does not start until the PS3 and nextbox arrive because gens are defined by me mostly by graphical leaps. And I do not believe the Wii U will be much more powerful than the current gen or it will be about the same.

I am thinking of moving towards a PC and only one next Gen console that would probably be of the PlayStation brand as the did the best for me gaming wise this gen by far. MS got a lot of early exclusives many of which later turned out to be only timed. They just do not have enough exclusives I like yet to justify it being my first choice, waiting to see.

But who cares I prefer to be open minded about many things beyond gaming. Trying new things is fun.