By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is going into this NEXT GEN of gaming open minded?

I am focused on 720/PS4 right now but Nintendo has a chance too. If this screen on pad improves gaming from my point of view and it gets the right games. I might give it a chance.

Around the Network

I'm completely open-minded and buy the system which will get Pikmin, Zelda, Smash Brothers and F-Zero...oh

Yeah, the Wii-U will be very likely. But I may get more consoles, if they get the right games. A good Atlus-game may be an important argument for one or another console (but first I have to play Etrian Odyssey 4). I also like the idea of Kinect, but I will only buy that if a good game utilizes that.

That said, I don't think anyone is really openminded. You all have your tastes that will probably lead you to prefer one device over the others. And that's completely fine.

Oh, I will try not to buy any of the devices too early. I want a good lineup, if I pay for the system. But people get weak. I bought the 3DS after only a year, because it had a Zelda-limited-edition. I couldn't resist. Such things might happen. And - even if I didn't knowed that at the moment of my purchase - it was just the right time to get the system. Short after I bought it, RE:Revelations came out, then Dillon, then Kid Icarus. And Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey will follow. I'm pretty happy with that, but I didn't know at the time I got the 3DS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It really depends on overall price for what you're getting, to me.

4 ≈ One

If Nintendo gets good 3rd party support this time around, I won't be needing to get the other 2 (or 3?!) Systems. As simple as that! All I need is my Nintendo and a good PC! Unless MSony really surprise Me that is...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm open to all, and I'd to own at least 2 of them, but I'm 99% sure PS4 will be my first choice because of the first party support. There are just so many of my favourite developers and franchises exclusive to Playstation, I can't miss out.

As for my 2nd console, it could go either way. But they're both going to have to really impress me if they want me to spend that money on a console instead of going towards my PC.

Around the Network

I won't be open minded.

First, Next gen is the point on my life were I'll start struggling in money, and gifts are over.

Next, if I buy a next gen console, it's the WiiU, no other company can bring me the same joy as Nintendo.

Assuming I get a new console, it's definitely the PS4, since I highly doubt the Xbox 3 is getting Japanesse games.

It depends on a lot of things. Overall, as far as consoles are concerned, I deem myself pretty open-minded right now regarding next gen but it looks like I'll be a dedicated PC gamer for at least a couple of years into the console cycle.
It depends heavily on what direction the big three are taking and an eventual fourth party joining the fray.
Besides, I never buy consoles straight away anyway, the price is too high, the games are few and not very good and the hardware is often unreliable.

I always go with both Nintendo and Sony (and Sega, once upon a time). I've never owned an Xbox.

Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

SunofKratos said:
Im always buyed the sony consoles. Next generation will not be any different. Sony simply has the most titles that appeal to my taste.

Sure the Super Mario Games were also always high quality but im not buying a nintendo console because of mario.

And Microsoft on the other hand has nothing to offer for me this generation so i will pass it next gen too.

I hate Mario. OK, that an exaggeration. I do not like Jump&Runs, so I also dislike Mario. But I buy Nintendo-consoles, because they have Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero (hopefully on the Wii-U), Fire Emblem and Smash Brothers. So please don't reduce Nintendo-game-lovers to Mario-fans.

Sony has to offer God of War and Uncharted, maybe Resistance might be good. All other ... meh. The three mentioned will be first games I want, if I buy a Sony-console. As the Vita offers only Drake at the moment, I have no urge to own this.

Microsoft only has Halo, that seems interesting.They clearly have to create more appealing game-franchises.

Nintendo totally owns the other two if it comes to diversity. That's why I'm pretty sure that I will get the Wii-U at some future time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]