By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ATTN VGChartz: New Site Coming Soon! Gamewise.co

pbroy said:
Lets look at it another way. The more forums there are, the more stuff to FAP to.

i can't fap to 2 different browser windows!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Branching out, eh? Why not, its a good enough idea in my opinion with a site more less fully dedicated to discussion and forums and leave the charts and numbers in here.
I think I'll be using both sites, this site still means a lot to me and I love the community but I will also gladly help kickstart the new one!
I actually think that starting anew with a post count of zero is a good idea, new users, lurkers and people in a similar position will be more likely to join, sometimes it can seem intimidating to see the stats below a username and one can feel excluded from some kind of elite at times (I surely remember what its like being a newbie on internet forums, harsh stuff now and then).

All in all, this is a most welcome initiative and I wish you all the best of luck! See on gamewise.co!

pbroy said:
Lets look at it another way. The more forums there are, the more stuff to FAP to.

Seriously though, this forum has become a popularity contest. I'm already over it. Bring on the innocence of the Gamewise forum. Time for some good old fashioned community building.

Popularity Contest? How so? Gamrpoints?

Sounds cool! I look forward to helping the new site grow...

However, I assume you mean either .com or .co.uk, not .co; which is it? Or is it actually .co? If so, colour me surprised

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This seems like a good step in the right direction.

I hope all the best for VGChartz, gamrReview and GameWise.

KylieDog said:
So how do I sign up for the beta? I'm willing to give it a go

Same here.

ioi said:
  • Gamewise won't have a forum in the traditional sense - it will use a brand new system we're developing called "Brainwaves".

Sounds interesting. Any chance you could briefly explain this new system?

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

However, I assume you mean either .com or .co.uk, not .co; which is it? Or is it actually .co? If so, colour me surprised

http://www.gamewise.co/

It is actually .co

ioi said:

A few points here:

• Gamewise is a brand new site, it will be nothing to do with VGChartz. People need to get away from thinking that the two are linked in any way.
  • Gamewise won't have a forum in the traditional sense - it will use a brand new system we're developing called "Brainwaves".
  • The current VGChartz community won't be "split".

The intention is that the current community will mostly remain on VGChartz and continue to use the site as they do now. Gamewise is a whole new venture that will build a community of its own - some of which will be made up of members of the current VGC community, but many from other gaming communities or even people who are new to gaming.

Gamewise will have about 100 times the potential audience of VGChartz based on the style of content of the site and will be completely different to VGC with a totally different feel. In terms of movie sites - VGChartz is the game version of Boxofficemojo, Gamewise is the game version of IMDB - they are totally different things with totally different audiences.

Could you answer my question about the sales data/tools?

Millenium said:
Conegamer said:

http://www.gamewise.co/

It is actually .co

How unusual! I hope having the unusual domain won't cut down potential visitors (Google, for example, tends to show sites from your country and .com primarily).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

"Gamewise will be my reintroduction into the community, and my chance to hopefully reconnect with the many friends I made here on VGChartz. I have posted sparingly over the last couple years on this site, but I still love it dearly. I hope you're all interested in and excited about the site."

My thoughts exactly. I've lost a connect with this community, and after a couple successful threads, like the launching of Red Dead Redemption, and Halo Reach; my community presence has been almost non-existent. Gamewise will be a great opportunity to be apart of community again, and start/continue with the great relationships I built with many different ones on VGChartz. I wish you the best on the new site Nazna.

P.S. Thanks for keeping me on the friends list on Xbox Live, lol ;P

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Jay520 said:
pbroy said:

Seriously though, this forum has become a popularity contest. I'm already over it. Bring on the innocence of the Gamewise forum. Time for some good old fashioned community building.

Popularity Contest? How so? Gamrpoints?

Probably not I have 100k points but I don't brag about it. Lol

Just twist the word points and delete some letters. That's what I think.