By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ATTN VGChartz: New Site Coming Soon! Gamewise.co

Just one thing, something's off with the gamewise font. It looks really weird (irregular character shapes, endings not lined up)

Love the name :)

Finally gonna get rid of the random numbers/letters in my name :p

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Just one thing, something's off with the gamewise font. It looks really weird (irregular character shapes, endings not lined up)

Do you mean the 'font' for the word 'Gamewise' (which may be a custom font for all I know) or the general font on the page... as both look fine to me. (The font is Lucida Grande)

TWRoO said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Do you mean the 'font' for the word 'Gamewise' (which may be a custom font for all I know) or the general font on the page... as both look fine to me. (The font is Lucida Grande)

The bolded. It's an image file (probably a custom font)

I don't like it, it looks wavy, sort of non uniform. The letters with angles and curves don't look good together for some reason (the angles don't match up well together, neither do the curves)

... I just checked it close up, the letters' "tops" and "bottoms" aren't all on the same horizontal line either.

FYI I can be a teeny bit compulsive at times :B

Honestly, I think you guys are setting yourself up for a disappointment. This community is tiny. VGChartz is irrelevant compared to Gametrailers, IGN and Gamespot. It's even smaller than a site like Giant Bomb. And now you are going to divide the community in two. You are advertizing a private beta like it's something people will jump on. I think you will be left disappointed with the result.

I like this site. At least, I used to. It offered so much that no other site offered. Sales data, charts, graphs, tools. They are gone now, but the community is still above average. Some people stuck around in the hope we would get all the functionality back. But Brett seems to think the solution is always to divide things, to split them up, in the hope the website hits get multiplied. This is an old and abandoned business model. The internet doesn't work this way anymore. You need content, and you need innovation. You need to offer something that people keep coming back to.

I don't think that just creating new sites all the time will help this community at all. My suggestion is to go back to basics. Give the community what they came for in the first place. Make the site a friendly place for people interested in the video game industry. Offer the functionality the community was used to. Update and upgrade instead of taking things away, stripping the site down to its core. This is my advice. But I don't have the illusion you'll heed to it.

anything on the prediction league? will it ever return, my tuesday nights are lonelier now :(

Around the Network

Why does vgchartz have such a small community compare to similar sites? Surely this question must be answered first and foremost before making any radical changes.

ioi said:
Chrizum said:

My suggestion is to go back to basics. Give the community what they came for in the first place. Make the site a friendly place for people interested in the video game industry. Offer the functionality the community was used to.

This is exactly what will be happening on VGChartz.com. What happens on Gamewise is another thing entirely and nothing to do with VGC as I have stated many times in the past - it isn't a split - Gamewise is a brand new site starting from scratch.

All of the main stuff that is currently on the VGChartz sites (and some stuff that used to be on previous versions such as more charting tools, simpler forums etc) will be here on this site so it will be a friendly place for people interested in the videogame industry with a focus on industry data, articles, threads etc.

From what I understand of your post (and others who have said the same thing) - we are doing exactly what you're asking for.

That is great to hear! Can you give us an estimate when the new VGChartz will go live?

Will the database go back live with add and edit features or will the database feed off of the data from Gamewise?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

this... is by FAR.. the stupidest idea i have ever heard...
you could just add all the stuff on here.. an already popular site.
instead your going to split the community in half and distroy VGchartz or the new site? well done.

i can't believe how funny this is ahah

So it's the Giantbomb.com wiki?