By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ATTN VGChartz: New Site Coming Soon! Gamewise.co

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
Good, looks like I can just stay here along with all of my posts and stuff. That's all I needed to know.

And the folks who always seem to complain that people talk about sales here will have finally a website for themselves, because for some reason there wasn't a site dedicated to discussing video games on the internet before.

Fine Rol, it's cool. I understand. I'm finally going to be back to posting and you don't want to be on the site I'll be posting on. That doesn't make you a horrible person at all. 

Doesn't that mean that the reverse case holds true as well? Apparently you don't want to be on the site I'll be posting on.

I suggest VGChartz should make a third site where both of you don't post. It's going to be called Awesomewise.com

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:
RolStoppable said:

And the folks who always seem to complain that people talk about sales here will have finally a website for themselves, because for some reason there wasn't a site dedicated to discussing video games on the internet before.

I happened to like a website were people are knowledgeable about the on goings of the industry while still being able to talk about news, games they are, and have played and off-topics. The only way it would be cool to me if gamewise had many knowledgeable sales users, while still being more focused on the hobby itself and not corporations. Once you make vgc all about sales, it will be interesting, but also lack variety. It sounds worse to me. No football talk for you brah.

From what I understood, everything we discuss right now on gamrconnect can still be discussed here in the future. My NFL prediction league won't go into Sports Discussion, but rather just a general Off-topic section that isn't segregated.

That is what it sounded like to me, but they also make it sound like it is supposed to be more sales focused here now. You cannot expect this site to change much unless they make it all about sales. And if it is not, as it is now, than nothing has changed. In that case, I am perfectly happy with it the way it is. Only time will tell.

just in case you are taking suggestions for the new site...revisit the color scheme of threads in the topic list. the grey, orange, blue, green scheme used here is all sort of wrong from an intuitive perspective.

It would be nice to have a more game-focused community to look to, but one with the VGChartz flavor that brought me here in the first place. Word to the wise would be to not let your site end up feeling like GameFaqs in terms of the people there.

And as kitler said, VGC proper could use another aesthetic overhaul

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I myself do not like the fact that there are two different forums. There's going to be fragmentation. This will feel like it does when I do DB work on vgchartz and gamefaqs. Working on 2 sites, but only participating on one forum.

The mods are going to have a heck of a time moderating 2 forums at one time.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Anyways.. I think it's time to start the Join/Spread Gamewise Campaign... like the one we had for VGChartz 2.0, the greatest DB ever made FYI..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=69845&page=1
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/3476/announcement-spread-vgchartz-campaign/
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/3531/spread-vgchartz-campaign-update/

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I can see it now, all the old VG Chartz farts like myself staying in VG chartz because of all the new users in Gamewise.

I'll be there but probably only to do some database entries. I'm still pretty skeptical. Were making a already small user base even smaller...but I could be wrong this could be a new start, who knows. As long as no ones screwed over with the points/post/badges. Don't force people to go to Gamewise, try to keep everything here simple and the same.

What will happen of our game collections and our ratings for the games we own? Will they be affected by this?

And how am I supposed to comment on GamrReview?.. I don't get it..

brainfart

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER