By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ATTN VGChartz: New Site Coming Soon! Gamewise.co

Shinobi-san said:
Hmm splitting the community doesnt seem wise to me at this point. I feel like one of the forums/websites communities will be affected badly by this. I will try my best to be active on both, but in the long term it just doesnt seem feasible to be an active forum member on two forums. Eventually people are going to choose one, and when the majority chooses one the other will suffer.

I wish you guys all the best though and I will do my part and participate as much as i can :)

We understand that the entirity of the community will not end up on both sites, but we're hoping by opening things up and making both sites less insular we'll end up with much more active (and larger) communities on both sites than we have on this one now. This community is a basis, but we definitely want it to grow, and not stay stagnant. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
Oh man I can't wait! And now I can finally just create a new account called Yo John117. No more lowercase for me!

:P I thought they were transfering accounts.

I guess since nothing is really transfering, you could just start up a new one. :)

Exactly there's no point in using the old username if nothing transfers over. Although I'm not sure exactly how I should make the new username.

YoJohn117

Yo John117

Or maybe I should just go John117

yo_john117 said:

Exactly there's no point in using the old username if nothing transfers over. Although I'm not sure exactly how I should make the new username.

YoJohn117

Yo John117

My memo: Sign in as YoJohn117, Yo John117 and John117 as soon as Gamewise is up.

morenoingrato said:
yo_john117 said:

YoJohn117

Yo John117

My memo: Sign in as YoJohn117, Yo John117 and John117 as soon as Gamewise is up.

My memo: Find out where Morenoingrato lives and go to his house before Gamewise is up to destroy all his computers. 

Your move! >:D

I like it that my username will carry over and especially if you keep the sites crosslinked I will visit it regularly... but I don't know if I can contribute in any good way to gamewise.co... (also I like co better than com - com sounds so cheap and standard)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
morenoingrato said:
yo_john117 said:

YoJohn117

Yo John117

My memo: Find out where Morenoingrato lives and go to his house before Gamewise is up to destroy all his computers. 

Remember that Ecuador is located in the deep jungle without any type of civilization.

yo_john117 said:
morenoingrato said:
yo_john117 said:

YoJohn117

Yo John117

Why don't you just create your new alias now, then it will be transferred over to gamewise with all the others.

RolStoppable said:
Good, looks like I can just stay here along with all of my posts and stuff. That's all I needed to know.

And the folks who always seem to complain that people talk about sales here will have finally a website for themselves, because for some reason there wasn't a site dedicated to discussing video games on the internet before.

Fine Rol, it's cool. I understand. I'm finally going to be back to posting and you don't want to be on the site I'll be posting on. That doesn't make you a horrible person at all. 

naznatips said:
spurgeonryan said:
What is going to happen with all our database entries? Badges?

Much of the database stuff will transfer (boxarts, banners, genres, release dates, developers, and publishers). The overview will probably transfer as well just to give temporary information on most games, but ideally Gamewise pages will go into much greater detail over time. Badges will not transfer, as we want to give the site a fresh start. 

Good, I would feel like I had deja vu if I would need to re-add all the info back to the games on the new site. Anyway can't wait to have a useable Database again!

Former something....

RolStoppable said:

And the folks who always seem to complain that people talk about sales here will have finally a website for themselves, because for some reason there wasn't a site dedicated to discussing video games on the internet before.

I happened to like a website were people are knowledgeable about the on goings of the industry while still being able to talk about news, games they are, and have played and off-topics. The only way it would be cool to me if gamewise had many knowledgeable sales users, while still being more focused on the hobby itself and not corporations. Once you make vgc all about sales, it will be interesting, but also lack variety. It sounds worse to me. No football talk for you brah.

@ Naz Also are you trying to suggest this site is insular? I do not know if I see it. If anything the site is insular because it is small.  GAF has many insular communities as well because it is so big and users tend to stick to their favorite topics and with the people they recognize. If this community is too insular it is because it is too small and most of the long-time users recognize each other. The only way I see you guys removing some insularity would be to grow the communities on both sites, but not to the size of GAF. So I am saying insularity is pretty unavoidable in my opinion no matter what the site is like.