By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

Roma said:

He ran out of ink?

haha, he must have.

Around the Network

How can a quad-core 3GHz CPU system with an updated R700 GPU with more and faster memory not be as good as a R500 GPU x360?

I am no expert on these matters but to say wii U is not as powerful as x360 just doesn't make sense.

E3 will go a long way in putting this matter to rest.

I doubt the huge graphics gap that exsisted between the HD consoles and the wii will be present next generation.
There will likely be a gap of course, just not that big.

I very much doubt Nintendo would make a stupid decision such as their next gen console being less powerful than last gen (coming up to 7-8 years by the time Wii U is released). I mean some of the Wii U's power will have to be shared with the controller tablet thingy so it's got to have some bite.

Roma said:

He ran out of ink?

That's only in SwapNote.

People who think "HD Graphics" mean anything other than any graphic whatsoever being displayed with the number of pixels within an arbitrary range discussing tech make my head hurt.

I've just plugged an old ass CRT screen on a pentium 4 with a GeForce 7200 and 512 mb ddr ram and set it to 2048x1536. Now I can play minesweeper on way-over-full-hd graphics! Totally blows HD Battlefield 3 off the water.

Around the Network

If that's so, then they will have to deliver with games that are fun as hell. 

Totaldemon said:
now i am thinking in a posible strategy from nintendo for the E3, they probably will never say the actual power of the wii u, they will show some good looking graphics at the e3 to make the people happy and thats all, even if its equal or worse than ps3/360 ( but i honestly think that it must be atleast "on par" )

I don't believe Nintendo has ever officially publicly revealed the specs of any of their consoles or handhelds.  We get general statements, but nothing very specific.  I don't expect that to change for the Wii U.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Totaldemon said:
now i am thinking in a posible strategy from nintendo for the E3, they probably will never say the actual power of the wii u, they will show some good looking graphics at the e3 to make the people happy and thats all, even if its equal or worse than ps3/360 ( but i honestly think that it must be atleast "on par" )

I don't believe Nintendo has ever officially publicly revealed the specs of any of their consoles or handhelds.  We get general statements, but nothing very specific.  I don't expect that to change for the Wii U.

Nintendo was very open about the hardware of the Gamecube including in-depth discussions on the CPU and GPU;  and from what I recall they also were pretty detailed specs released about the Gameboy Advance.

I honestly don't remember how much information was released about the N64 ...

HappySqurriel said:
theRepublic said:
Totaldemon said:

Nintendo was very open about the hardware of the Gamecube including in-depth discussions on the CPU and GPU;  and from what I recall they also were pretty detailed specs released about the Gameboy Advance.

Take a Sony press release hyping the power of the PS2. Cross out Sony replace it with Nintendo and cross out Toy Story and replace it with Jurassiac Park and you pretty much get the N64 experience. Nintendo hyped the hell ouf the N64 and it's "based on SGI workstation" technology.

Darc Requiem said:
HappySqurriel said:
theRepublic said:
Totaldemon said:

Take a Sony press release hyping the power of the PS2. Cross out Sony replace it with Nintendo and cross out Toy Story and replace it with Jurassiac Park and you pretty much get the N64 experience. Nintendo hyped the hell ouf the N64 and it's "based on SGI workstation" technology.

I remember there being a lot of hype, but I don't remember how many technical details were actually released ...

I personally suspect that Nintendo probably did release a lot of details about all systems prior to the release of the Wii, and Nintendo only kept details secret about the Wii because they didn't want people to know it was essentially a re-packaged Gamecube.